SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- The Springfield Cardinals (27-40) rode a three-run home run by DH Johan Mieses to a 4-2 win over the Texas League South leading Corpus Christi Hooks (32-34) on Friday night in front of 5,958 fans at Hammons Field.
W: RHP Angel Rondon (2-0)
L: RHP Cristian Javier (2-2)
S: RHP Bryan Dobzanski (1)
MOMENTS THAT MATTERED:
- With the Cardinals trailing 2-0 in the fourth, Mieses deposited a three-run homer off a 1-2 pitch from Javier that put the Cardinals ahead for good at 3-2.
- Cardinals 2B Alberto Triunfel gave Springfield some breathing room when he drew a two-out bases-loaded walk in the seventh to push the lead to 4-2.
- Rondon lowered his ERA to 3.31 by limiting the Hooks to just two runs on four hits and six walks over 6.0 innings, striking out three.
- Springfield pitching held Corpus batters to a 1-for-11 mark with runners in scoring position.
- The Cardinals bullpen closed the game with 3.0 scoreless innings from RHP Mitchell Osnowitz (1.0 IP, 0 H), RHP Connor Jones (1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 K) and Dobzanski (1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K).
- Dobzanski's save was his first at the Double-A level.
WHAT'S ON DECK:
The Cardinals host the Hooks again on Saturday night with first pitch scheduled for 6:10 p.m. and gates set to open at 5:10 p.m.
Saturday night promotions include:
- Vision Clinic Harrison Bader Bobblehead with Flo Giveaway (2,000 fans)
Check out all the upcoming fun and get your tickets today at SpringfieldCardinals.com/promotions.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.