CORPUS CHRISTI – If you've got what it takes to generate goose bumps with a straightforward, stirring rendition of the National Anthem, the Corpus Christi Hooks are looking for you!
2013 National Anthem tryouts and discounted concession items highlight Whataburger Field Open House on Saturday, March 9, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
What's for lunch? $1 hot dogs and soda, half-priced beer and free popcorn. Hooks fans ready to purchase 2013 season tickets can take their pick of "tagged" seats in the ballpark's best available locations. Other specials and opportunities include:
- ½-off game-worn jerseys at Hook, Line & Sinker, official retail store of the Hooks
- Up to 50 percent off selected merchandise at H, L & S
- Hooks single-game ticket sales
- Season-ticket holder ticket, parking and gift pickup
- Fan club membership sales and benefit fulfillment (Rusty's Kids Club/Sammy's Birthday Club/Silver Sluggers/The Barbs/Hooks Pub Club)
Rusty's Kids Club is presented by Driscoll Health Plan
Sammy's Birthday Club is presented by NavyArmy Community Credit Union
Silver Sluggers are presented by 1st Community Bank
The Barbs are presented by Aveda Institute Corpus Christi
The Hooks Pub Club is presented by Hooters
"We're looking forward to an exciting time at Whataburger Field that day," director of ballpark entertainment JD Davis said. "We'll have a celebrity judge or two on hand to evaluate National Anthem performances. Soloists, groups and instrumentalists are welcome. It'll be a great time for our fans to enjoy gearing up for the season."
For anthem audition inquiries, contact Davis at 361-561-4690.