MADISON, Alabama - AUGUST 8, 2019 -- Veteran baseball executive Garrett Fahrmann has been named Vice President and General Manager of the Rocket City Trash Pandas, CEO Ralph Nelson announced today. The Trash Pandas, which begin Southern League play in April 2020, announced several other key front office appointments, including
MADISON, Alabama - AUGUST 8, 2019 -- Veteran baseball executive Garrett Fahrmann has been named Vice President and General Manager of the Rocket City Trash Pandas, CEO Ralph Nelson announced today.
The Trash Pandas, which begin Southern League play in April 2020, announced several other key front office appointments, including Chuck Domino as Special Advisor to the CEO, and Elaine Ballew as Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer.
Fahrmann, who joined the Trash Pandas in June as Vice President of Ballpark and Baseball Operations, assumes the GM title immediately and reports directly to Nelson. His baseball career includes Director of Operations for the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Senior Vice President of Operations for the Fresno Grizzlies. The IronPigs are the Triple-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies and the Grizzlies were the Triple-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants when Garrett was there.
He earned a master's degree in sports management from Slippery Rock University and a bachelor's in business management from Concord University.
"Garrett comes to North Alabama with a solid baseball management background from two of the marquee Triple-A organizations in our industry," Nelson said. "He adds strength to our executive team as we continue to assemble an extraordinary front office. With Garrett, Elaine, Chuck and David Bier, our staff will have unparalleled leadership that will deliver North Alabama an unparalleled baseball experience."
Domino, Chief Executive of the Double-A Richmond Flying Squirrels, is a 37-year veteran of the baseball business. President of Domino Management and Consulting, Chuck is a consultant for eight Minor League Baseball teams and has worked with the Trash Pandas since their inception.
Nelson also announced Elaine Ballew has been named the club's Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer and David Bier has been promoted to Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
"Elaine brings an incredible business and financial background, along with astonishing energy to our organization," Nelson said. "There are few professionals more respected in the North Alabama business community than Elaine Ballew. With her unmatched community connections and impeccable reputation, we are beyond excited to have her on board."
Ballew started with the Trash Pandas July 1, and her first order of business has been to finalize corporate partnerships for the team and their new stadium. Elaine was most recently State Director of Corporate Partnerships for the Alabama Media Group/This Is Alabama. She is also former Executive Director of the Madison Chamber of Commerce.
"The introduction of the Trash Pandas is one of the most exciting things to have happened in the Huntsville-Madison area in quite some time," Ballew said. "I am very excited to join this special team of professionals and, especially, to introduce so many of the corporate connections I've made throughout the years to the amazing things the Trash Pandas are doing for our region."
Bier joined the Trash Pandas in January as Senior Vice President, Operations. His responsibilities include oversight of all business operations for the Trash Pandas organization and the new stadium in Town Madison. He is the former Vice President of Operations and Operating Partner for Monaco Entertainment, LLC.
Other personnel moves announced by the Trash Pandas today include:
• Gayle Milam, Director, Stadium Events. Previously served 26 years as Event and Volunteer Coordinator for the City of Madison.
• Mojo Jones, Director of Game Entertainment. Will also remain as morning host of the Mojo Radio Show on Cumulus Broadcasting's WZYP in Huntsville.
• Ricky Fernandez, Manager, Game Entertainment. Will also remain as morning show producer on Cumulus Broadcasting's WZYP in Huntsville.
• Nate Leaser, Manager, Box Office Operations. Previously worked for Tickets.com as onsite field technician for the San Diego Padres.
• Mareca Watson, Director, Customer Experience. Previously worked for Forty-2 Property Management where she was a corporate trainer and oversaw investor relations
• Corey Ausderau, Senior Account Executive. Previously Director of Group Sales for the Birmingham Barons.
• Charlie Weaver, Groundskeeper. Previously groundskeeper for the Hoover Met Stadium.
• Brennan Patrick, Account Executive. Previously an intern for the Nashville Sounds
• Bud McLaughlin, Manager, Public Relations. Currently Editor of the Huntsville Business Journal. Previous Sports Information Director at Alabama A&M University.
• Elizabeth Cornett, Manager, Online Store and Merchandise Operations. Previously worked part-time for BallCorps, beginning when Trash Pandas merchandise was introduced October 27.
• Ivory Snow, Manager Retail Stores. Previously served 20 years in retail operations in the Huntsville area including positions at Belk and Michael Kors.