Welcome to the Information Guide, your ticket to the Springfield Cardinals and Hammons Field. This Information Guide was developed to give you a quick reference for the variety of Hammons Field accommodations and policies and general Cardinals questions that are offered to make your experience an enjoyable one.
Click on a letter below to find out more information.
Address and Phone Numbers
955 E Trafficway St
Springfield, MO 65802
General Information - 417-863-0395
Box Office - 417-863-2143
Front Office hours of operation:
No game: Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Game day: 9 a.m.-15 minutes after game ends
Accessibility for Disabled Fans
All gates around Hammons Field are handicap-accessible. Gate 1 has elevator access to the main concourse and Gate 3 has elevator access to the suite level and to the Redbird Roost. Additional elevator access to the Redbird Roost and to the outfield berm area is located at the end of the left field main concourse.
Sale of beer at Hammons Field is stopped in the middle of the 8th inning.
The following forms of ID are accepted for the purchase of alcoholic beverages. Every guest is asked for identification every time.
- State Issued Driver's license
- MO ID Card
- Passport or passport card
Certified service dogs for guests with disabilities are welcome at Hammons Field. All other animals are prohibited with the exception of Purina Woof Wednesday games.
See National Anthem.
For your convenience, there is a Central Bank of the Ozarks ATM located next to the Team Store at Gate 3.
For the time being, on-field personnel (including players and coaches) are restricted from signing autographs as a health and safety measure.
Bags, Containers and Coolers
No bag or item larger than 5"x9" will be permitted inside the stadium unless it is a clear bag. Hard-sided coolers and glass containers are not allowed. The Cardinals will not allow any exceptions outside of the following:
- Clear bags: Clear bags will be available for purchase in the Team Store pending availability. Fans are also welcome to purchase from an outside retailer of their choice.
- Diaper bag accompanying an infant
- Approved medical bag
- Small personal clutch no greater than 5"x9"
- One factory sealed water bottle per person
Box Office Hours of Operation
M-F: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
M-F Game Day: 9:00 a.m. - End of Game
Weekend Game Day: 2:00 p.m. - End of Game
Weekend non-Game Day: Closed
Cameras and video cameras are permitted inside Hammons Field, but cannot be used to reproduce the game and must not interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game.
As of June 1, 2021, Hammons Field has returned to 100% capacity. Our capacity limitations are set by mass-gathering protocols from the City of Springfield. Our organization’s health-and-safety protocols have, and will continue to, follow guidance from the CDC, the City of Springfield, the Springfield-Greene County Health Department, and Major League Baseball.
Hammons Field will be a cash-free ballpark in 2021 in order to greatly reduce shared touchpoints and help keep our fans and staff safe. Fans can use credit cards and debit cards and Springfield Cardinals Gift Cards anywhere in the stadium.
Changing tables are located inside all Hammons Field restrooms.
Please note that some Hammons Field concessions items may be missing during the 2021 season. Our concessionaire, Delaware North Sportservice, has had a difficult time finding workers this season, as have businesses in the service and hospitality industries nationwide. As a result, resources have been dedicated to the areas where a worker can be of the most efficient use, and that cause a few items to be temporarily removed from the menu. If you know anyone looking for a fun summer job, please apply here today.
All fans are expected to comply with the Springfield Cardinals Fan Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in ejection from Hammons Field. The Springfield Cardinals do not condone misbehavior of any kind.
Any credit/debit cards affiliated with American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa will be accepted at Hammons Field.
The Springfield Cardinals make every effort to preserve a family-friendly atmosphere and to ensure that all fans are able to enjoy the game in comfort. For the convenience of our fans, ushers and gameday staff are posted throughout the ballpark. Any fan in need of assistance of any kind is urged to visit our Guest Services desk located at Gate 3 on the main concourse behind home plate.
All tickets are delivered digitally via your My Cardinals Tickets account. For information about digital tickets, visit https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/digital
If you are disabled and have purchased tickets but are unable to park due to the exorbitant pricing at the lot and the parking garage owned by Atrium Hospitality and JD Holdings and managed by Springfield Parking Company, please contact and leave a message with the Cardinals Ticket Information line at 417-832-3097 so we can help work towards a resolution for you. Please note that Atrium Hospitality, JD Holdings and Springfield Parking Company are now offering a discounted $10 price to disabled fans following a direct request for a discount from the Cardinals.
Domino's $5 Pizza Offer
This only applies on nights when the in-game contestant wins the $5 medium one-topping pizza for all fans at Domino’s in the between-innings contest. The offer is good for the following day, and you’ll need to show your game ticket to claim the deal. Take a screen shot of your ticket (the barcode screen) that shows the game date while you're still at the game and present that screenshot at Domino’s the following day to claim your $5 medium one-topping pizza.
In-kind donations from the Springfield Cardinals are currently unavailable due to capacity limitations. Please check back later this season or e-mail [email protected] for more information.
There are three elevators at Hammons Field that provide accessibility to all levels of the stadium. Gate 1 has one elevator that provides accessibility to the right field patio, the main concourse and the suite level. Gate 3 (main gate) has one elevator that provides accessibility to the suite level, the press level and the main concourse. The elevator located at the end of the main concourse in left field provides accessibility to all levels on the Left Field side of the ballpark.
The Cardinals post current job opportunities online.
There are four entrances to Hammons Field:
- Gate 1: E Trafficway Street (farthest from stadium's main gate on south side of stadium)
- Gate 2: E Trafficway Street (to the right of stadium's main gate on south side of stadium)
- Gate 3: Corner of E Trafficway Street and N Sherman Ave (stadium's main gate)
- Gate 4: N Sherman Ave (to the left of stadium's main gate on west side of stadium)
To inquire about events at Hammons Field, call 417-832-3018 or write to [email protected].
Only Cardinals RED Access Members can exchange tickets. For information about exchanging your tickets, visit https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/digital. Still need assistance? No worries! Give us a call at 417-863-0395 or give your RED Access Membership rep a call for assistance.
- Currently, tickets can only be exchanged for May. Why? Releasing tickets one month at a time ensures that we have the opportunity to put our previous Members back in their previous seats during the season should we be able to open up fully. Had we sold Individual Game Tickets for the whole season already, chances are someone would have purchased your former seat at some point, and then we would not be able to return you to that seat. Releasing tickets a month at a time is meant to help our Members have the best experience possible.
Family restrooms are located behind Sections E & K on the main concourse.
The best way to send feedback to the Cardinals is by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
Can't find your digital tickets in your My Cardinals Tickets account? Call us! We don’t want you to miss any games, and we’re here to help. The digital ticket process is new to a lot of people but is quite easy to navigate once you’ve been through it a time or two. Give us a call at 417-863-0395 and one of our reps will be happy to help.
First-Aid at Hammons Field is located behind Section G. Guests that require medical assistance are encouraged to contact a nearby staff member or usher. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive treatment. If you feel ill on-site but do not require first aid, please return safely home or seek medical attention from Guest Services located on the main concourse behind home plate.
For information and directions on how to forward tickets using your My Cardinals Tickets account, visit https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/digital. Still need help? Give us a call at 417-863-0395 and one of our reps will be happy to help. If tickets were forwarded to you, log in to your My Cardinals Ticket account to view your tickets. Don't have an account? Follow the prompt to sign up using the same e-mail address where you received your forwarded tickets notification. Still need help? Give us a call at 417-863-0395 and one of our reps will be happy to help.
Fans are permitted to keep foul balls hit into the stands as souvenirs.
All Hammons Field gates open 60 minutes prior to scheduled start time of every game.
Springfield Cardinals gift cards are available for purchase online at https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/gift-cards or at the Springfield Cardinals Team Store located at Gate 3. Gift Cards can be used for purchasing Cardinals tickets, merchandise and/or concessions at Hammons Field. They can be purchased online in denominations of $25, $50 or $100. Or, gift cards can be purchased at Hammons Field in any amount.
- Gift Cards for RED Access Members: If you are a new Member in 2021, you would not receive a gift card. Gift cards were offered as a one-time bonus in 2020 for Members who rolled their payments forward to 2021 in lieu of a refund. Basically, a “thank you” for helping us sustain our operations over the winter following the cancelled 2020 season until we could get things moving again this year. If you are a previous Member and have not yet received your gift cards in the mail, please let us know by calling 417-863-0395. All cards were mailed prior to the start of the 2021 season.
We plan to have a FULL schedule of giveaways during the 2021 season. Due to our current capacity limits and the expectation that we will be able to open up to more fans later in the season, we will be backloading the giveaway schedule to later in the season when we hope to be able to have more fans in the park. If you purchased a Promo Club as a part of your RED Access Membership, you will be entitled to one of every giveaway item. Promo Club Members are welcome to pick up their giveaway items on the nights they’re given away (after the 3rd inning) or collect them all at once after the season is over. Promo Club vouchers will be sent to Promo Club members once we have our promotional schedule fully in place.
Please fill out the 2021 Ticket Info Request Form to receive more information on group outings.
If you have specific questions about the group deposit process, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 417-863-0395 or by e-mailing [email protected].
Children aged 3 and under do not require a ticket for admission. Kids without a ticket will need to sit in a parent's lap if in a seated section of the stadium.
Parents can sign their kids up for the free Cardinals Kids Club at https://www.milb.com/springfield/fans/kids-club. Kids Club members receive a free passport where they can win prizes and rewards for each game they attend.
Lineups and Stats
Fans now have access to all gameday information during Cardinals home games at www.springfieldcardinals.com/gamecenter.
Lost and Found
Any items found at Hammons Field should be turned in at Guest Services located at Gate 3 behind home plate on the main concourse. Fans who have lost items lost items should call 417-863-0395 the following day for assistance.
If you lose a child in the ballpark please contact the nearest staff member or go to one of the Guest Services Booth located at Gate 3 behind home plate on the main concourse.
Visit https://www.milb.com/springfield/fans/scoreboard-messages or call 417-863-0395.
Following the May 17, 2021 vote by the Springfield City Council regarding masking guidelines, fans attending Springfield Cardinals games at Hammons Field will no longer be required to wear masks in all areas of the ballpark. Per CDC recommendation, fans that are not yet fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear masks inside the stadium unless actively eating or drinking.
We will follow and enforce all City, County, State, National, NCAA and/or Major League Baseball ordinances throughout the year. Please note that with so many entities sharing Hammons Field, that even if one regulation is lifted, others may still be in effect (example: If MLB lifts an ordinance but Greene County does not, we will still follow Greene County).
We will not be distributing RED Access Member mugs this year as a reduced health-and-safety touch point for concessions staff. Instead, all Members at the Home Run level and above will be eligible for a $2 discount off any fountain soft drink at the concession stands, and a $1 discount off bottled soft drinks. All you need to do is show your ticket for that night’s game to the workers at the stand. Your ticket has a code on it that identifies you as a Member, and claims your discount.
If you were a RED Access Member prior to the 2020 season and had already established/selected your seats at that time, you will ultimately be returned to your pre-pandemic seating location. Your new seats are a temporary situation, so please bear with us. Once our capacity restrictions are lifted, Members will be returned to their previous locations. Please note, this will not happen instantaneously, but we will get this done as quickly as we can. Some items of note:
- It will take AT LEAST TWO WEEKS from the date we are notified we can open to full capacity before you will see your seating location change, maybe more. This is a manual process and just takes time. We thank you for your patience.
- Pre-2020 Members whose former seats were in the first couple rows may still not see their seating locations returned to normal due to our requirement to have a “buffer zone” between the field and the first rows of seated fans. We recognize this is an inconvenience, but hope everyone understands our needs to keep our players safe and healthy and adhere to Major League Baseball’s rules for all affiliated teams. If we don’t have a healthy team, we can’t have games.
- If you became a Member for the first time this season (2021), your current seat may be displaced by another Member returning to their previously assigned pre-pandemic seats. Next season, everyone will have the option to select a different seating location (based on availability) if you like, provided our restrictions remain lifted.
If you would like to audition to sing the National Anthem at games or to have a video of you singing the National Anthem at games, please visit https://www.milb.com/springfield/fans/anthems.
Mothers are entitled to nurse their infants in Hammons Field. If they choose, mothers can request private accommodations to Cardinals gameday staff, who will then make the First Aid Room or the Family Restrooms (located behind Sections E & K) available.
The Springfield Cardinals do not own any of the parking lots surrounding Hammons Field. Cardinals community partners Price Cutter and Ozarks Technical Community College will be providing free parking for Cardinals fans during home games the rest of the 2021 season. Both lots are located 0.3 miles away from Hammons Field entry gates. Additional options can be found around the ballpark and the downtown area.
- If you are disabled and have purchased tickets but are unable to park due to the exorbitant pricing at the lot and the parking garage owned by Atrium Hospitality and JD Holdings and managed by Springfield Parking Company, please contact and leave a message with the Cardinals Ticket Information line at 417-832-3097 so we can help work towards a resolution for you. Please note that Springfield Parking Company is now offering a discounted $10 price to disabled fans following a press release from the Cardinals.
- Concessions tickets given to guests who park at the lots owned by Atrium Hospitality and JD Holdings are not from the Cardinals and are not redeemable for food or beverages at Hammons Field.
Below is a list of items that will not be permitted into Hammons Field. The Cardinals reserve the right to prohibit additional items as deemed necessary or per event requirements. Prohibited items are not able to be checked-in, and are not able to be stored on-site. It is the sole responsibility of each guest to make proper arrangements prior to arrival at Hammons Field to meet the security screening requirements.
- Bags larger than 5"x9" in size
- Cans, metal/glass/plastic containers, bottles, thermoses, or flasks (empty or sealed bottles included). Fans will be allowed to bring one (1) factory-sealed bottle of water (no soda, flavored water or soft drinks)
- Hard-sided coolers
- Lawn chairs/camp chairs/bag chairs
- Weapons, Firearms, Pepper Spray, Pocket Knives or Mace (no weapons of any kind)
- Outside food, beverage or alcohol
- Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Flares, or Fireworks
- Nets of any kinds
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Flammable Liquids, Aerosol Cans, or Permanent Markers
- Noise-Making Devices (i.e. Air Horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Balloons, Balls, Projectiles, or Optical Illusions
- Skateboards, Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover boards, and Helmets
- Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt
- Costume masks, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets
- Unapproved Pamphlets, Handouts, Ads, or Flyers without prior consent from Stadium Management
- Clothing, garments, or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
- Signs, flags or banners which are not relevant to the event. Signs may not contain or display obscene or offensive language and/or pictures as determined by Cardinals staff. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.
We plan to have a full schedule of around 20 giveaways during the 2021 season, including four different bobbleheads and other great items. Due to our current capacity limits and the expectation that we will be able to open up to more fans later in the season, we will be backloading the giveaway schedule to later in the season when we hope to be able to have more fans in the park.
If you purchased a Promo Club, you will absolutely be entitled to one of every giveaway item just like normal. You’re welcome to pick those up one-by-one on the nights they’re given away (after the 3rd inning) or collect them all at once after the season is over. Your vouchers for those items will be sent to you once we have our promotional schedule fully in place.
We expect to be able to offer Promo Seats later during the 2021 season, provided capacity restrictions are lifted. When available, Promo Seats can be purchased for any game with a giveaway.
Tickets for a canceled game (suspended or rained out and not played or re-scheduled as a doubleheader) may be exchanged for a future regular season game upon availability. Tickets may be exchanged for a comparable seat with an equal or lesser value.
A game is official after 5.0 completed innings or 4.5 innings if the Springfield Cardinals are in the lead. Tickets cannot be replaced if lost or destroyed and are not redeemable for cash. There are no refunds.
Rain checks are not handled the day of the rainout and tickets must be exchanged in person at the Cardinals box office.
Guests may leave the ballpark at any time. Guests will receive a hand stamp as they exit and are free to enter the same gate upon their return.
If you mistakenly used the forward action to share a ticket or tickets, don't worry! You can use the recall option in your My Cardinals Tickets account. Learn how at https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/digital#recalling-tickets. Still need help? Give us a call at 417-863-0395 and a Cardinals Rep will take care of things.
RED Access Memberships
Restrooms are located throughout Hammons Field. All restrooms are ADA accessible and equipped with a baby-changing table. Please ask any staff member for directions to the closest restroom.
Family restrooms are located behind Sections E & K. Family restrooms provide private areas for guests with children and for nursing mothers.
The Cardinals schedule can be viewed online at https://www.milb.com/springfield/schedule. Fans can also download and/or print the most updated schedule courtesy of Great Southern Bank at https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/printable-schedule.
Scoreboard Message Requests
Scoreboard message requests can be submitted at https://www.milb.com/springfield/fans/scoreboard-messages.
See RED Access Memberships.
Smoking--including e-cigarettes and vaporizers--is prohibited at all areas inside of Hammons Field.
Guests who wish to smoke must to do at the designated smoking area outside of Gate 4 (behind Section J).
Strollers and Diaper Bags are welcome at Hammons Field provided that they can fold up easily and can fit beneath fans' seats. Strollers may not be checked once inside the ballpark.
Suites & Premium Seating Areas
Suites at Hammons Field are an ideal way to enjoy the live action in privacy and comfort. Perfect for business gatherings, birthday parties, or fun with friends and family. For more information on Hammons Field luxury suites, please call 417-863-0395 or e-mail [email protected].
The Cardinals offer an array of premium all-inclusive seating options available for corporate gatherings, birthday parties, or fun with friends and family. Learn more about the Redbird Roost, The Superior Rents Nest and The SpringNet Champions Club!
The Springfield Cardinals Team Store is located behind Section H and feature's the area's best selection of Springfield Cardinals and St. Louis Cardinals merchandise.
- Regular Business Hours
- Monday - Friday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Gameday Business Hours
- Same as regular business hours through the end of that day's/night's game.
- Offseason Business Hours
- Tuesday & Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tickets, Game Day
Tickets are available at springfieldcardinals.com/tickets, over the phone at 417-863-2143 or at the Springfield Cardinals Box Office. For hours, see: Box Office.
Springfield Cardinals Theme Tickets and Theme Ticket Packages are a fan-favorite way to combine a unique Cardinals item or experience with a ticket to a Cardinals home game at Hammons Field. All items below can be purchased at https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/theme-tickets or by calling 417-863-0395.
Umbrellas are allowed inside Hammons Field but may only be used during official rain delays.
Fans will be allowed to bring one (1) factory-sealed, non-frozen bottle of water (no soda, flavored water or soft drinks) to the ballpark for Springfield Cardinals games and other special events.
All gates around Hammons Field are handicap-accessible. Gate 1 and Gate 3 have elevators available to fans who require them. A third elevator is available at the end of the left field concourse providing access to the General Admission outfield section and the Redbird Roost.
Starting for the 2021 season, all tickets are being distributed digitally via your My Cardinals Ticket account. For information about digital tickets, visit https://www.milb.com/springfield/tickets/digital.