Tri-City Dust Devils Safety Statement
The Tri-City Dust Devils have always prioritized safety and are committed to follow national, state, and local guidelines, as well as the policies set forth by Major League Baseball, in order to develop practices at Gesa Stadium that will keep fans, players, and staff as safe as possible. We can't wait to greet you and your family as we all safely return to Gesa Stadium!
The following measures have been taken for everyone’s protection in 2021:
- Limited capacity at Gesa Stadium
- Socially-distanced seating
- Required face coverings
- Mobile ticket capabilities
- Digital Programs
- Cashless payments including tickets, concessions, and team store will be available, however cash will also be accepted
- Ballpark-wide hand sanitization stations
- Frequent and thorough sanitization procedures
These safety measures adhere to the standards set by the CDC, the State of Washington, Franklin County, and Major League Baseball guidelines.
Gesa Stadium Sanitization:
- Cleaning Practices: The Dust Devils will engage in best practices in cleaning, sanitization, and hygiene.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand sanitizing stations will be strategically placed throughout Gesa Stadium, including inside the Dust Devils Team Store.
- High-Touch Areas: High-touch areas will be sanitized by Dust Devils staff frequently throughout the game.
Gesa Stadium Entry & Exit:
- Early Entry: Gates to Gesa Stadium will open one-hour prior to game time to allow fans plenty of time to enter the stadium safely.
Face Coverings & Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- As per the CDC and State Guidelines, all fans ages 6 and up are required to wear a mask to attend a Tri-City Dust Devils game or enter our office unless you are fully vaccinated. Guests will be required to wear a cloth face covering that covers both their nose and mouth anytime they are not actively eating or drinking at their ticketed seat. Should a guest break, lose or forget their face covering, complimentary face coverings will be provided at the Pahlisch Homes Information Booth.
Socially Distant Seating:
- Limited Capacity: According to guidelines set by Washington State, Gesa Stadium must limit attendance capacity.
- Buffer Zone: A 12-foot buffer will be in place from the front of the home and visiting dugout, as well as behind each bullpen, in accordance with MLB guidance.
- Physical Distancing: The Dust Devils will implement pod seating for each group of tickets in accordance with state, local, and MLB guidance. Pods will be seated in groups of 1-8 consisting of no more than two households. Fans from different pods will be seated at least six feet away from each other. Seats not assigned to a designated seating pod will not be available for sale or use.
Employee Safety & Health:
- General Safety: Dust Devils employees will be required to complete a pre-screening prior to every shift. All employees will be required to stay home when sick.
- Education & Training: Dust Devils employees will be trained and updated on any new COVID-19 safety guidelines and best practices.
- Face Coverings: Dust Devils employees will be required to wear face coverings that cover their nose and mouth at all times.
- Gloves: Dust Devils employees who handle food will continue to be required to wear food-safe gloves. Employees will be required to wash their hands and re-glove often in accordance with food safety guidelines.
- Physical Distancing: Dust Devils employees will maintain a minimum six-foot separation from one another and fans in all interactions. When strict physical distancing is not feasible for a specific task, other prevention measures will be taken.
- Ticket Language: Language developed in conjunction with MLB, including the risks associated with COVID-19, will be visible on all tickets.
- Digital Tickets: The Dust Devils encourage fans to use digital ticketing option when possible. As in previous seasons, ticket scanning will remain contactless.
Food & Beverage Handling:
- Limited Menu: Fans will be provided with a limited menu at Gesa Stadium to reduce wait times and promote efficient item pick-up. In addition, peanuts and sunflower seeds will be unavailable for purchase to promote stadium cleanliness and prevent the spread of airborne droplets.
- Single-Use Condiments: Fans will be offered single-use condiment options and napkins when picking up their food order. All condiment carts will be unavailable at Gesa Stadium for the 2021 season.
- Social Distancing Measures: Stanchions and spacing markers will be used to promote proper social distancing between fans waiting in line.
- Store Occupancy: In accordance with state guidance, guest occupancy will be limited at all times. Signage will be posted at entrances and throughout the store informing fans of occupancy limits, social distancing guidance, and face covering requirements. Online ordering will continue to be offered.
- Team Store Sanitation: High touch areas, including the checkout counter, will be sanitized frequently.
- Social Distancing Measures: Spacing markers will be used in checkout lines to promote proper social distancing between fans waiting in line.
- On-Field Access: All on-field activities will be suspended until further notice at Gesa Stadium, in accordance with guidance from MLB.
- D-Bat Speed Pitch will be available at each Dust Devils home game.
- To protect our favorite mascot Dusty will make limited socially distanced appearances until further notice.
Communication & Signage:
- Public Address Announcements: Frequent public address announcements will be made to inform fans of social distancing guidance, stadium cleanliness measures, and face covering requirements.
- Stadium Signage: Instructional signage will be posted throughout the stadium informing fans of social distancing guidance, hand-washing recommendations, and face covering requirements.
- General Safety: All fans will be encouraged to stay home when sick or if uncomfortable with posted guidelines.
- Concourse Flow: Staff will strongly encourage fans to refrain from lingering in the walkway. Staff will recommend fans remain in their seats, when possible.
- Restrooms: As in previous seasons, all stadium restrooms will be open to the public. Exterior entry doors will be propped open to help facilitate ventilation. Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently before, during, and after each game. Spacing markers will be used to promote proper social distancing between fans waiting in line.
- Player Health and Safety: Until further notice, for their health and safety, players will not be allowed close contact with fans. This includes but is not limited to autographs, taking photographs and physical interaction with fans while inside the ballpark, as well as the parking lots and walking areas outside of Gesa Stadium.
- Smoking Policy: smoking will not be permitted anywhere inside Gesa Stadium.