DANVILLE, Va. - The Danville Braves announced a jam-packed promotional schedule on Monday ahead of the 2019 season, with one or more promotions at all 34 home games at Legion Field in 2019.
Fans interested in season tickets, flex plans and single game tickets are invited to visit dbraves.com or call 434-797-3792 to secure seats now.
On Opening Day, Tuesday, June 18, the first 500 fans through the gate will receive a Braves #ChopOn Foam Tomahawk. Other highlights on the promotional schedule include a Ronald Acuña Jr. and Ozzie Albies Poster giveaway on July 1 and Star Wars Night presented by Centra Health on July 19 with jerseys being auctioned to benefit the Centra Foundation and Danville-Pittsylvania Cancer Association and Star Wars characters roaming the concourse.
The D-Braves will give away two bobbleheads in 2019. On July 27, the first 500 fans will receive an Ozzie Albies Bobblehead giveaway presented by Riverside Health and Rehabilitation Center. On Aug. 17, the D-Braves will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Woodstock music festival with a groovy pre-game concert from a Woodstock era themed band and a Hippie Blooper Bobblehead giveaway to the first 500 fans in attendance, all presented by Comfort Inn & Suites.
The D-Braves July 3 matchup against Bluefield will once again feature post-game fireworks in celebration of Independence Day.
The D-Braves will hold a full slate of theme nights including an eSports Tournament on June 21, pre-game Mascot Yoga and Game Night on June 22, Social Media Night on July 2, Bark in the Park on July 11, Christmas in July on July 26, pre-game Tailgate Night on Aug. 3, Cinco de Agosto on Aug. 5 and Flight Night with Ballad Brewing on Aug. 6. In addition, the 2019 schedule includes two day games, with first pitch set for 11 a.m. on June 19 and 11:30 a.m. on Aug. 21.
The D-Braves are also continuing a tradition of staying involved in the Danville community, with promotions like Educator Appreciation Night presented by the DCC Education Foundation recognizing local teachers on June 20, First Responders Night, presented by URW Credit Union, Local Eatery Night highlighting some of Danville's best restaurants on Aug. 7, Pigskin Preview nights showcasing local high school football programs (July 12, July 19, and July 26), Kentuck Elementary School Back to School Night hosted at Legion Field on Aug. 15 and the team's annual DARE Day presented by Inframark helping educate kids about how to make smart and responsible choices on Aug. 21. The team will participate in Minor League Baseball initiatives on June 20 with Sun Safety night, where the first fans through the gate will receive free sunscreen, Safe at Home Domestic Violence Awareness Night on July 17, and MiLB CommUNITY night on August 2.
Faith Nights return from years past, with special discounted ticket prices available to local church groups on three select nights (June 23, July 8, and Aug. 16). The D-Braves cap off the promotional schedule with a United Way Kickoff Night on Aug. 22.
Weekly promotions include:
- • Dollar Mondays, with hot dogs, popcorn and souvenir sodas on sale for $1.
- • $2 Tuesdays, with general admission tickets, hot dogs, corndogs, fries and tallboys for $2 each.
- • Family Wednesdays, offering "the best family deal in town" with four blue reserved tickets, four D-Braves hats, 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas all for just $50.
- • Thirsty Thursdays presented by Buffalo Wild Wings, with discounted fountain and draft beverages
- • Rep the A Fridays, where all fans in attendance wearing a red Braves hat or t-shirt will be entered to win a prize from one of the Braves affiliates. Fans can purchase an all-you-can-eat seat on Friday home games, for $25 the package includes a blue reserved ticket, and $18 if you've already purchased a blue reserved seat.
- • Sunday Funday, with $6 blue reserved seats, $4 general admission tickets and a free souvenir soda with a church bulletin.
Keep close tabs on dbraves.com and the D-Braves social media accounts for more detailed information on the Danville Braves 2019 promotional schedule and other D-Braves related news.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.