ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Minor League Baseball announced Tuesday it will return to CBS Sports Network for a second season with 10 marquee regular-season games to be televised on the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports from late May through early August. This season, 18 teams, six leagues and 15 Major League Baseball affiliates will be featured on the Thursday night Minor League Baseball Game of the Week. The television slate opens with the El Paso Chihuahuas visiting the Round Rock Express in Pacific Coast League action May 28 at 8 p.m. ET.
Several notable matchups fill this season's schedule. The lights will shine on The Music City on June 4 as the Salt Lake Bees visit the Nashville Sounds in their newly-constructed downtown stadium, First Tennessee Park. On July 16, the Cubs and Cardinals rivalry extends to the Triple-A level as the Memphis Redbirds visit the Iowa Cubs. The television schedule concludes with a trip out west to Isotopes Park, home of the Albuquerque Isotopes, on Aug. 6.
"Our partnership with CBS Sports Network has been a great way to showcase some of Minor League Baseball's premier venues across the country," said Michael Hand, Minor League Baseball CMO and president of MiLB Enterprises. "Through this agreement, we look forward to showcasing MiLB to a national audience each week. The partnership provides an extension of our efforts to build on the excitement that more than 41 million fans have experienced from the bleachers in each of the past 10 seasons."
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
The full schedule of games is listed below:
• May 28: El Paso Chihuahuas (Padres) at Round Rock Express (Rangers), 8 p.m. EST
• June 4: Salt Lake Bees (Angels) at Nashville Sounds (Athletics), 8 p.m. EST
• June 11: Northwest Arkansas Naturals (Royals) at Tulsa Drillers (Dodgers), 8 p.m. EST
• June 18: Mississippi Braves (Braves) at Tennessee Smokies (Cubs), 7 p.m. EST
• June 25: Toledo Mud Hens (Tigers) at Durham Bulls (Rays), 7 p.m. EST
• July 9: Frisco RoughRiders (Rangers) at Northwest Arkansas Naturals (Royals), 8 p.m. EST
• July 16: Memphis Redbirds (Cardinals) at Iowa Cubs (Cubs), 8 p.m. EST
• July 23: Altoona Curve (Pirates) at Akron RubberDucks (Indians), 7 p.m. EST
• July 30: Lexington Legends (Royals) at Greenville Drive (Red Sox), 7 p.m. EST
• August 6: El Paso Chihuahuas (Padres) at Albuquerque Isotopes (Rockies), 9 p.m. EST