BROOKLY, NY (June 16th 2019) - Road game number one of 2019 had the IronBirds bats active at MCU Park. Dallas Listcher gave the 'Birds 5 2/3 innings of scoreless baseball and the offense followed suit for a 4-3 win.
W: Litscher (1-0)
L: Cleveland (0-1)
SV: Constante (2)
• Johnny Rizer led off the game with a double on the first pitch from Matt Cleveland, part of a three hit night in his second professional game. He came home to score on an Ian Evans RBI single in the first.
• Aberdeen tacked on runs in the third and fourth with RBIs from Irving Ortega and Dalton Hoiles to make it 3-0.
• In the 8th Rizer had his third hit of the game, a triple to right center that scored Dalton Hoiles from first to make it 4-0 before a 38 minute rain delay.
• Brooklyn made it interesting with a two run 8th after the delay and grabbed one more in the 9th inning before Marlon Constante closed out his second save of the season.
KEY IRONBIRDS CONTRIBUTORS
• Dallas Litscher: W, 5.2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 7 K
• Johnny Rizer: 3-for-5, 2B, 3B, RBI, R
• Ian Evans: 2-for-4, BB, RBI
NEWS & NOTES
• Lenin Rodriguez, Tristan Graham, Dalton Hoiles and Jack Zoellner made their 2019 IronBirds debuts.
• Rizer became the second IronBird to be one hit away from the cycle at MCU park in the last two years. J.C. Escarra did the same last July.
• Constante is now 2-for-2 in save opportunities as an IronBird, and 23/29 in his career.
IronBirds vs. Cyclones, Monday 7 p.m.
MCU Park - Brooklyn NY
Probables: RHP Adam Stauffer (first start) vs RHP Nathan Jones (first start)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.