The Bowie Baysox announce today the 15th annual Free Family FunFest at Prince George's Stadium Saturday, March 22, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The event occurs rain or shine and features free rides and games in Louie's Kids Park, music and games on the concourse and displays from local businesses and organizations.
Single game tickets for the Baysox 2014 season go on sale for the first time at FunFest and the box office is open throughout the day. Season ticket holders can pick up their ticket plans at the event and are invited to an exclusive season ticket holders' luncheon in the Diamond View Restaurant.
Baysox Marketing Director Brandan Kaiser is excited for this year's event. "Each spring we try to provide a fun experience for our fans and their families at FunFest to help kick off the baseball season in style," Kaiser said. "This year we have a ton of fun displays and activities the entire family can enjoy at the ballpark during our unofficial season opening event."
There are always tons of fun activities for the entire family at the Baysox Free Family FunFest:
- The Baysox fun-loving mascots Louie and Rocko will make appearances throughout the day.
- The Orioles bird will be on hand from 11:30 to 12:30
- Harford County native and rising Nashville Star Chris Monaghan will be performing live throughout the afternoon
- Carnival style games throughout the concourse from Maryland Party Rentals
- Louie's Kids Park is open and free!
- Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department and Bowie Police will have parking lot displays
- The Phillips Wharf Environmental Center Fishmobile (a traveling marine science program that teaches kids about the Chesapeake Bay and the species that inhabit it) will be in front of the stadium
- Interactive displays from local businesses and organizations will line the concourse
- WNAV 1430 AM in Annapolis will be broadcasting live from the stadium beginning at 10 am, so if you can't make it down, be sure to listen to some of the excitement on the radio
Baysox Baseball - We'll Knock Your 'Sox Off. The Baysox open the 2014 season, their 22nd as the class Double-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, at Prince George's Stadium Thursday, April 3. To keep up with Baysox news during the offseason, visit baysox.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.