Special Guest Instructor
Orioles Hall of Famer Al Bumbry
THIS CAMP SESSION IS SOLD OUT
Youth Hitting & Defense Camp will run August 11 & 12 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm daily. This camp includes two days of instruction focused around the proper techniques of hitting and defense. There will be group and individual instruction plus drill work for the development of a more efficient swing. Instructors will work with campers on Foundation & balance, Mental Preparation & Philisophy, Proper Weight Transfer, Situational Hitting, Soft Toss/Live Toss/Tee Work, Hitting Drills and Fundamentals and techniques of fielding. Attendees will also receive a Baysox Hat and one (1) Box Seat Ticket for a 2021 Bowie Baysox Home Game.
This camp session has been changed from the original set-up due to not having current Baysox players or coaches available because of the COVID-19 situation and not having current Baysox games.
Camp Set Up
- Maximum of 50 campers (Open to ages 10-16)
- The camp will follow current CDC and county guidelines for group instruction size.
- Camp will led by former professional and collegiate instructors.
- Camp will include instruction and drills in Hitting, Infield/Outfield Defense, Practice Habits, Situational Defense & more.
- Breaks will be given to each group, but groups will not take breaks at the same time.
Camp Safety Information & Protocols
- Each camper must bring their own personal water/Powerade bottle(s) marked with their name each day. No cups, shared water jugs or public filling stations will be available.
- Each camper must provide their own equipment (Bat, Glove and Batting Helmet) and equipment bag. No sharing of equipment will be permitted. Please have each item marked with the campers name.
- Each camper will be required to arrive at each camp day with a mask on and keep it on until they take the field for camp. When the camp day ends, each camper will be required to resume wearing their mask as they leave the stadium.
- Each person entering the stadium will have their temperature checked before being allowed to enter. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will not be allowed to enter that day.
- Each person entering the stadium each day will be required to check in. Those entering that are not campers will be required to log in with name and contact information.
- Restrooms will be available. Campers will be required to wear their mask to, while in and from the restroom.
- Access and quantity of people allowed in a restroom at a time will follow current CDC and county guidelines.
- Parents/Guardians/Siblings: A maximum of two (2) parents/guardians/siblings will be able to remain in the stadium during each camp day. While in the stadium, appropriate social distancing must be adhered to and masks must be worn when walking into, around and out of the stadium including when using a restroom.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the stadium and inside the dugouts for campers.
- No food items will be permitted to be brought into the stadium and no food will be allowed to be consumed inside the stadium. Any food should be consumed inside your vehicles in the parking lot before entering the stadium.
- All Baysox staff will be masked during registration and check in and during personal interactions with campers and parents/guardians off of the field.
- Mr. Bumbry's appearance is subject to change without notice