Game Day/Events Video Camera Operator (Part-Time)
*Position Summary: *
As a member of the Baysox Game Day/Events Camera Crew, you will be responsible for capturing live fan shots, game play, fan engagement elements, host stand ups, and more during Bowie Baysox home games.
*Essential Functions: *
Basic knowledge on how to operate a hand held/shoulder professional video camera.
Arrive one hour before game time to set up your camera and receive instructions about that day's game.
Understand the basics of exposure, focusing, and composition.
Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time especially during the summer months where temperatures outdoors can be very warm.
Must be eager for unique camera shots and have excellent communication with Director and production team.
Can carry up to 50 pounds,
Ability to take direction and work in a fast paced environment.
*Qualifications & Requirements: *
Must have a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Must have strong knowledge of the game of baseball.
Must be comfortable to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
Must be motivated with the desire to gain experience in professional sports
Keep a professional demeanor with the ability to interact with fans, staff members, players, coaches and front office executives.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and/or qualifications to Phil Wrye, Baysox Assistant GM. No phone calls please.
Position: Mascot Performer (Part-Time)
- Perform as “Louie” the Baysox Mascot at Community Appearances around the region including in Prince George’s County, Anne Arundel County, Southern Maryland, Montgomery, Howard and Baltimore areas.
- Community Appearances can include, fairs, schools, businesses, birthday parties, youth sports games, Kids Club events etc.
- Perform on occasion during Baysox home games for 3-4 hours (with breaks).
- Ability to perform in the Louie suit for at least one (1) hour at a time when needed and do multiple appearances in a day if needed.
- Ability to interact with children and adults in a fun, safe and enjoyable manner
- Maintain “Louie” costume in a proper manner, especially following a performance.
- Ability to uphold the standard of the Louie persona and portray the Baysox and Louie in a positive manner.
- Appearances at community events to promote Bowie Baysox Baseball, Louie’s Kids Club and other stadium events.
- Act as an ambassador for Baysox Baseball to help promote the organization.
- MUST live local to Bowie, MD and able to pick up Louie suit when needed for an upcoming appearance.
- Ability to do night and weekend appearances when needed.
- Motivated Individuals with the desire to gain experience in professional sports
- Outgoing & creative personality with a willingness and desire to have fun
- Previous Customer Service Experience.
- Willingness to perform as our mascot Louie at private and community events
- Athletic build and be between roughly 5’9" and 6’1" in height.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
To Apply for this position:
Please email your resume or qualifications to Phil Wrye, Baysox Assistant GM. No phone calls please.
2021 Bowie Baysox Game Day Employment Opportunities
Our staffing for the 2021 season is complete.
If you are interested in being considered for future game-day event employment with the Bowie Baysox, please e-mail Darlene Mingioli with your name, contact information, daytime phone number and good time(s) to reach you during the day.
We hire for the following positions:
Kids Park Attendants
Interested candidates must be age 16+ and be able to work night and weekend events from April through September.
2021 Food & Beverage Game Day Employment Opportunities
Unique Food and Beverage (UFB) is hosting a game events Job Fair on Saturday, April 17 from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm at Baysox Stadium. They are hiring for multiple seasonal part-time positions including Food Runners, Food Preparation,
Concession Stand Cashiers, Cooks & Dishwashers at this fair. For more information, please e-mail Susan Roberts or call 301.464.4848.
The Chesapeake Catering Company, the official catering company of the Bowie Baysox, is hosting a game events Job Fair for Seasonal, Full-time and Part-Time positions. The job fair will be held on Thursday, April 15 from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm; Friday, April 16 from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm and Saturday, April 17 from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. They are hiring for Cooks, Servers and Bartenders. Applicants must be age 18 and up to apply. For more information about this job fair, please e-mail Mark Torsani.