Midland, TX-The Arkansas Travelers rallied for a 3-2 win on the road over the Midland RockHounds on Saturday night. Down two runs after one inning, the Travs tied it in the fourth inning before eventually pulling in front on Joey Curletta's RBI hit in the eighth inning. Chris Mazza surrendered
Midland, TX-The Arkansas Travelers rallied for a 3-2 win on the road over the Midland RockHounds on Saturday night. Down two runs after one inning, the Travs tied it in the fourth inning before eventually pulling in front on Joey Curletta's RBI hit in the eighth inning. Chris Mazza surrendered the a two-run homer just fair down the right field line to Seth Brown in the first then put five zeroes on the board. Mazza, making his Travs debut after being signed by the Mariners this week, worked six innings and struck out six against just one walk. Bryan Bonnell earned the win with 1.1 scoreless innings before Matt Tenuta closed it out for his first save. Tenuta was asked to finish it off with regular closer Matt Festa called up to Seattle today. Parker Dunshee pitched very well for the 'Hounds but took the loss giving up three runs on eight hits over 7.1 innings. The win ensures the Travs of a winning roadtrip with one game remaining.
Moments That Mattered
* Logan Taylor lined an 0-2 pitch with two out to center field to knock home the tying run in the top of the fourth.
* Curletta gave Arkansas the lead with his groundball single to center in the eighth. It was his third hit of the game and league leading 89th RBI of the season.
* Matt Tenuta closed the game out by retiring all five batters he faced. Tenuta stranded the tying run at third in the eighth before working a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
Notable Travs Performances
* RF Beau Amaral: 2-5, run
* 1B Joey Curletta: 3-4, RBI
* DH Dario Pizzano: 2-3, BB, run
* Chris Mazza: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, BB, 6 K, HR
* Matt Tenuta: Save, 1.2 IP, 3 K
The Travs go for the series win on Sunday afternoon at 2:00. Right-hander Ashton Goudeau (2-3, 3.34) makes the start against righty James Naile (7-10, 4.64 in AAA) who makes his first start of the season in Double-A. The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.