Please review the information and FAQ's below to help answer any questions regarding the shelving of the 2020 season, your 2020 ticket purchases and refunds, the 2021 West Virginia Power season, and more.
Note: As more information becomes available, we will continue to update this page.
2020 Season Shelved - June 30, 2020
As of June 30, Major League Baseball has made the decision that it will not provide players to any affiliated Minor League team for the 2020 season. As a result of this choice, the 2020 West Virginia Power season has unfortunately been shelved and will not be played in any manner.
Our hearts go out to our fans in the The City of Charleston and beyond as we deliver this devastating news, but we appreciate your unwavering support during this difficult time. We are in the process of planning additional events for the rest of the 2020 calendar year, and will provide more information as it becomes available.
Any fans who purchased tickets for the 2020 season will have the option to have their money refunded, or to put their purchase towards the 2021 season.
Full Season, 25-Game and Mini Plan Holders
If you have purchased a ticket package for the 2020 season, you can choose one of the following options:
- Receive a 2021 Credit - Email Zach Kurdin at [email protected] by the end of business (5 pm EST) on Friday, July 10 to receive a credit on your 2021 tickets. You will not receive a refund, and will receive a credit towards any ballpark purchase in 2021, including tickets, merchandise or concession items.
- Request a Refund - If you would like to request a refund for your 2020 ticket package, please contact Zach Kurdin at [email protected] by the end of business (5 pm EST) on Friday, July 10. We will begin processing all refund requests after July 10.
Single-Game Ticket Holders
If you have purchased single-game tickets for the 2020 season, you can choose one of the following options:
- Receive a 2021 Credit - Email Zach Kurdin at [email protected] by the end of business (5 pm EST) on Friday, July 10 to receive a 2021 credit. You will not receive a refund, and will have the option to put your single-game tickets towards any ballpark purchase in 2021, including tickets, merchandise or concession items.
- Request a Refund - If you would like to request a refund for your 2020 single-game tickets, please contact Zach Kurdin at [email protected] by the end of business (5 pm EST) on Friday, July 10. We will begin processing all refund requests after July 10.
All 2020 Group Outing Purchasers
If you have purchased a group outing for the 2020 season, you can choose one of the following options:
- Reschedule your outing for the 2021 Season - If you would like to move your group outing to the 2021 season, please e-mail [email protected] and let them know that you have elected this option. You will not receive a refund for your deposit, and will have the opportunity to select a new date for your group outing once the 2021 season schedule becomes available.
- Request a Refund - If you would like to request a refund for your 2020 group outing deposit, please e-mail [email protected] by the end of business (5 pm EST) on Friday, July 10. We will begin processing all refund requests after July 10.
2021 Season Information - as of June 30
Major League Baseball and Minor League Baseball are still negotiating the possible contraction of a certain amount of teams from affiliated Minor League Baseball beginning with the 2021 season. We do not know the status of those negotiations, or how much longer they will last. We also do not know where the West Virginia Power currently stands on that list of proposed teams. While we were named on the original list back in November 2019, we have made significant efforts to prove that we do not deserve to be on that list and should remain a part of the Minor League landscape in 2021 and beyond.
We understand and sympathize with the uncertainty that these negotiations have brought to our community, but please know that our entire organization, local and state elected officials, Congressmen and Senators are working tirelessly to ensure that we continue to provide baseball and family-fun entertainment to the Kanawha Valley for many years to come.
As we receive more information regarding MiLB's contraction negotiations, we will share it with you all in a timely fashion. Please stay tuned to this page and our social media channels (West Virginia Power on Facebook and @wv_power on Twitter and Instagram) for the latest updates regarding the 2021 season.
Will there be a 2020 MiLB season at Appalachian Power Park?
No, there will not be a 2020 season at Appalachian Power Park. Unfortunately, Major League Baseball has elected to not send players to any of its affiliated Minor League teams for the 2020 campaign, so we cannot host a 2020 season here in Charleston, W.Va. We are extremely saddened that we will not be providing the 16th season of Power baseball in 2020 to our amazing and loyal fanbase. All of our games for the 2020 season will not be made up, and all of our promotions and giveaways have been postponed indefinitely.
What do I do with my tickets or group outings that I purchased?
You have two options for your ticket or group outings purchases for the 2020 season: You may roll them over to the 2021 season, or you can request a refund. We have provided our full ticket policy higher up on this page for you to reference. If you have any further questions regarding your ticket or group outing purchases, e-mail us at [email protected].
Will there be other events at Appalachian Power Park in 2020?
As of right now, we do not have any future events scheduled at the ballpark for the 2020 calendar year. We are closely monitoring the on-going effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, and are working closely with our local and state health officials to determine when it is safe to open the ballpark back up to fans. Once we are cleared to do so, we look forward to hosting various other events at the ballpark, and will provide further information on those events once they are confirmed. As of June 30, we are still planning to host our regular Fall events, including Trick or Beat on October 29.
Am I able to physically come to the office with questions?
Until further notice, our front office, Box Office and merchandise store are closed to the public. We do not feel it is safe to allow fans into those areas just yet, so please handle all your questions by e-mailing us at [email protected]. You can also contact us on social media and we can direct you to the appropriate person.
Can I still purchase merchandise and receive my order in the mail?
Yes. We are still processing merchandise orders through our online store (power.milbstore.com) and shipping them out as quickly as we can. If you have any questions regarding an online store purchase, please e-mail us at [email protected].