Columbus Clippers 2021 Season Protocols
The fan experience will be different than usual. COVID-19 mandates will affect all aspects of 2021 Clippers games including seating, concessions and in-game entertainment.
The Columbus Clippers are committed to providing a safe environment for all our fans.
Guidelines for Attending Games
- Masks must be worn at all times other than when actively eating and drinking.
- Bags are generally NOT permitted. There is an exception for medical bags, diaper bags OR clutches. (clutches must be smaller than 8"x5"x1") This is done to speed up and prevent overcrowding during ballpark entry. Guests are permitted to bring bottled water.
- Fans should be in their assigned stadium seating other than when entering, exiting, purchasing concessions or using restroom facilities.
- No eating or drinking is permitted in the concourses. Guests must eat in their seats or designated dining areas.
- Guests should stay distanced at six feet from other groups of fans.
- Pod Seating will be utilized within the seating areas. Fans will need to purchase seats in full blocks to maintain social distance.
- Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance online or by phone and use mobile entry. Walk-up sales will be very limited and some games may not have tickets available at the Box Office on the day of the game.
- Ticket availability and exchanges will be limited.
Around the Ballpark
- Fans are asked not to attend if they display any COVID-19 symptoms or do not feel well.
- Social distance markers and directional signage will be displayed throughout common areas.
- Huntington Park will increase the frequency of cleaning restrooms, concessions and other communal areas around the ballpark.
- Inflatables and children's play area will be unavailable at this point.
- Automatic hand sanitizers added throughout the ballpark.
- Gates will be utilized to allow optimal traffic flow.
- Markers placed outside the gates for social distancing.
- Signage throughout concourse reminding fans to wear masks and maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- "Mobile Readiness" email to be sent to Season Ticket Holders the week of May 4.
- Mobile Ticket Management page on Clippersbaseball.com.
- Staff available for tutorial.
- Limited to Suites, Loge and Club seat ticket holders to reduce traffic flow.
- No walk-up availability or purchases.
- In-seat service will be limited.
- Guests encouraged to use mobile ordering app for food delivery or pick-up.
- All food service will strictly follow State/Local Health Department guidelines.
- Menu items will be limited to reduce lines and wait time.
- Cashless transactions will be encouraged throughout the entire ballpark.
- Vendors and hawkers will not be used.
- Pre-packaged utensils and straws will be handed out by cashier upon request.