SAN ANTONIO, Texas (July 28, 2017)- Eric Aguilera blasted a go-ahead, three-run home run in the seventh inning, vaulting the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 4-1 victory over theSan Antonio Missions Friday night at Nelson Wolff Stadium.BIG MOMENTS
Trailing 1-0 into the seventh, Eric
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (July 28, 2017)- Eric Aguilera blasted a go-ahead, three-run home run in the seventh inning, vaulting the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 4-1 victory over theSan Antonio Missions Friday night at Nelson Wolff Stadium.
- Trailing 1-0 into the seventh, Eric Aguilera cranked a three-run home run against San Antonio reliever Eric Yardley to give the Riders the lead for good.
- Michael O'Neill added an insurance run in the ninth, producing an RBI single that scored Aguilera.
- Riders starter Tyler Davis earned his second Double-A victory, spinning six innings of one-run ball. The 24-year-old righty allowed four hits, struck out two and allowed three walks.
- San Antonio took a 1-0 lead on Alberth Martinez's RBI double in the bottom of the fifth.
- Nick Gardewine earned the save, working two innings to secure the victory. In the eighth, Gardewine escaped a bases-loaded jam.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Eric Aguilera: 2-3, double, home run, three RBIs, two runs, walk
- Tyler Davis: W, 6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Michael O'Neill: 1-4, RBI
- Royce Bolinger: 1-3, double, run, walk
NEWS AND NOTES
- With his go-ahead home run Friday, Eric Aguilera has three game-winning home runs this month. He hit a walk-off home run July 1 against Tulsa, and delivered a go-ahead solo home run in Frisco's 1-0 win over San Antonio on July 21.
- Eric Aguilera has hit seven of his team-leading 12 homers in July, hitting .300 (21-70).
- Tyler Davis earned his fifth quality start in six outings with the Riders. Since Davis joined the team on July 2, Davis has nearly as many quality starts as the other four starters combined (6).
- Michael O'Neill extended his hitting streak to seven games with his RBI single in the ninth. Through his first 46 games with the Riders, O'Neill already has three seven-game hitting streaks.
- The Riders have won five of the past six games against first-place San Antonio and have moved within five games of the Missions in the second-half standings.
Riders at San Antonio, Saturday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Collin Wiles
(7-8, 4.27 ERA) vs. RHP Chris Huffman
(4-3, 3.27 ERA)
, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch AppAbout the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis
, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler
, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]