NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (August 9, 2017) -Eric Aguilera's RBI single in the 11th broke a 1-1 tie, giving the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, a 2-1 victory over the Arkansas Travelers Wednesday night at Dickey-Stephens Park.BIG MOMENTS
Eric Aguilera put the Riders ahead 2-1 in
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (August 9, 2017) -Eric Aguilera's RBI single in the 11th broke a 1-1 tie, giving the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, a 2-1 victory over the Arkansas Travelers Wednesday night at Dickey-Stephens Park.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Eric Aguilera put the Riders ahead 2-1 in the 11th inning, driving in Luke Tendler from third base with an RBI single.
- After the Travs took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the third, Michael O'Neill's run-scoring single tied the game in the top of the fourth.
- Riders starter Tyler Davis and Arkansas starter Lindsey Caughel combined for a pitchers' duel but neither received a decision. Davis allowed one run on four hits and a walk with five strikeouts in seven innings, while Caughel yielded one run on six hits over six innings.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Tyler Davis: 7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Eric Aguilera: 2-4, RBI, run, walk
- Andy Ibáñez: 2-5, stolen base
- Michael O'Neill: 1-5, RBI
- With Wednesday's win, the Riders improved to 4-9 in extra innings. Frisco's 13 extra-innings contests account for the most in the Texas League.
- Eric Aguilera is 4-8 with a home run and two RBIs through the first two games of this series.
- Tyler Davis turned in his seventh quality starts in eight outings with the RoughRiders, lowering his ERA from 2.54 to 2.38 in Double-A.
- The Riders won their first game at Dickey-Stephens Park this season, following four consecutive losses.
Riders at Arkansas, Thursday, 7:10 p.m.
Probables: RHP Collin Wiles
(8-9, 4.10 ERA) vs. RHP Chase De Jong
, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch AppAbout the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis
, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]