FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 5, 2019) - Despite six quality innings from Jason Bahr Monday, the Riders fell 2-0 to Corpus Christi at Dr Pepper Ballpark.SYNOPSIS* Bahr notched his first quality start in Double-A, permitting just one run on five hits while striking out eight across six innings. His only run allowed
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 5, 2019) - Despite six quality innings from Jason Bahr Monday, the Riders fell 2-0 to Corpus Christi at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Bahr notched his first quality start in Double-A, permitting just one run on five hits while striking out eight across six innings. His only run allowed came on a two-out home run in the second inning.
* Fresh off being activated from the 7-day IL, Emerson Martinez tossed a scoreless inning of relief in his first action with the Riders since May 15.
* Eliezer Álvarez collected two of the Riders' three hits and also drew a walk in the defeat.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Jason Bahr: 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
* Emerson Martinez: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
* Eliezer Alvarez: 2-for-3, BB
NEWS AND NOTES
* In his last 14 games, Alvarez is hitting .354 with six multi-hit performances.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Tuesday, 7:05 pm
RHP Ronald Herrera (2-2, 6.51) vs. RHP Yohan Ramirez (2-3, 4.35)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].