FRISCO, Texas (April 5, 2019) - Preston Beck's tie-breaking, three-run homer in the eighth inning Friday lifted the Frisco RoughRiders to their first victory of the season in a 4-1 triumph over the Midland RockHounds.SYNOPSIS* Beck drilled a three-run shot just inside the right field foul pole, cracking a 1-1 tie
FRISCO, Texas (April 5, 2019) - Preston Beck's tie-breaking, three-run homer in the eighth inning Friday lifted the Frisco RoughRiders to their first victory of the season in a 4-1 triumph over the Midland RockHounds.
* Beck drilled a three-run shot just inside the right field foul pole, cracking a 1-1 tie in the bottom of the eighth.
* Wei-Chieh Huang worked two scoreless innings, striking out each of the final five hitters he faced, to seal the win.
* In total, the Riders punched out 13 RockHounds hitters Friday, including seven from starter Jonathan Hernández .
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Preston Beck: 2-for-4, HR, 3 RBI
* Charles Leblanc: 2-for-4, RBI, R
* Jonathan Hernandez: 5 2/3 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
* Wei-Chieh Huang: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (W)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Through the season's first two games, Beck and Charles Leblanc have combined for nine of the team's 12 hits, with each notching multi-hit performances in both contests.
* Dating back to the end of last season, Hernandez has a 1.23 ERA in his last five starts with the Riders after accumulating a mark of 7.14 in his first eight Double-A starts.
Riders vs. Midland, Saturday, 7:05 pm
RHP Emerson Martinez (first app.) vs. RHP Parker Dunshee (first app.)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].