FRISCO, Texas (April 8, 2018) - Behind three RBIs each from Scott Heineman and Hunter Cole , the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, knocked off Springfield 6-3 Sunday afternoon at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Heineman kickstarted his big day with a two-run homer in the bottom of the third,
FRISCO, Texas (April 8, 2018) - Behind three RBIs each from Scott Heineman and Hunter Cole , the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, knocked off Springfield 6-3 Sunday afternoon at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Heineman kickstarted his big day with a two-run homer in the bottom of the third, his first long ball of the season. He also drew a bases-loaded walk during a three-run fourth inning.
- Cole plated a pair of runs with a single in the fourth and added another RBI knock in the eighth inning.
- Starter Pedro Payano limited Springfield to three runs on seven hits during his six innings to earn the victory.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Scott Heineman: 3-3, HR, BB, 3 RBI
- Hunter Cole: 2-4, 3 RBI
- Pedro Payano: W, 6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
WHAT'S NEXTRiders vs. Springfield, Monday, 7:05 p.m.
- Heineman has driven in three runs in two of the first four games, also accomplishing the feat in Friday's win over Tulsa.
- Cole has two-hit performances in three of his first four games this year.
- Payano logged Frisco's first quality start of the season.
- Riders relievers logged three more scoreless innings Sunday, lowering the group's ERA to 1.10 through the first four games.
Probables: LHP Brett Martin (0-0, -.--) vs. RHP Connor Jones (0-0, -.-ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App About the RoughRiders The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-StarsChris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at[email protected] or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]