AMARILLO, Texas (Aug. 2, 2019) - Brock Burke t0ssed six innings of one-run ball and struck out seven to lead the Riders to a 5-2 win over Amarillo Friday.SYNOPSIS* Frisco extended their lead to four with a three-run sixth inning with RBIs from Alex Kowalczyk and Leody Taveras .* After allowing
AMARILLO, Texas (Aug. 2, 2019) - Brock Burke t0ssed six innings of one-run ball and struck out seven to lead the Riders to a 5-2 win over Amarillo Friday.
* Frisco extended their lead to four with a three-run sixth inning with RBIs from Alex Kowalczyk and Leody Taveras .
* After allowing three hits to start the bottom of the sixth, Burke got out of a no-out, bases-loaded jam without giving up a run to keep the Riders lead intact.
* Three Riders relievers combined to hold the Sod Poodles to one run over the final three innings.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Brock Burke: 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 7 K
* Alex Kowalczyk: 2-for-4, 2B, R, RBI
* Eliezer Álvarez: 1-for-2, R, 2 RBI, BB
* Preston Beck : 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
NEWS AND NOTES
* With two hits and a walk Friday, Leody Taveras extended his team-best on-base streak to 15 games.
Riders at Amarillo, Saturday, 7:05 pm
RHP Collin Wiles (0-1, 7.20) vs. RHP Jesse Scholtens (4-5, 5.58)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].