FRISCO, Texas (April 4, 2019) - Despite a dazzling outing from starter Brock Burke , the Frisco RoughRiders dropped their season opener, 3-0, to the Midland RockHounds Thursday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.WORTH KNOWING* Burke allowed just one unearned run on six hits in five innings of work, striking out four
FRISCO, Texas (April 4, 2019) - Despite a dazzling outing from starter Brock Burke , the Frisco RoughRiders dropped their season opener, 3-0, to the Midland RockHounds Thursday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Burke allowed just one unearned run on six hits in five innings of work, striking out four while not issuing any walks. Thursday's outing was his Rangers organization debut after coming over in a trade from the Rays organization in December.
* Midland plated an unearned run in the third and added insurance tallies in the seventh and ninth innings.
* Preston Beck collected three hits for the Riders and Charles Leblanc tallied a pair in his Double-A debut.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Brock Burke: 5 IP, 6 H, 1 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 4 K
* Preston Beck: 3-for-4
* Charles Leblanc: 2-for-4
NEWS AND NOTES
* All six hits allowed by Burke were singles, including four which didn't leave the infield.
Riders vs. Midland, Friday, 7:05 pm
RHP Jonathan Hernández (first app.) vs. RHP Brian Howard (first app.)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].