FRISCO, Texas (June 15, 2017) - Texas outfielder Carlos Gómez homered but the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Rangers, fell 6-4 to the San Antonio Missions Thursday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Rangers centerfielder Carlos Gomez, appearing in his second game with the Riders, homered in the
FRISCO, Texas (June 15, 2017) - Texas outfielder Carlos Gómez homered but the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Rangers, fell 6-4 to the San Antonio Missions Thursday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- Rangers centerfielder Carlos Gomez, appearing in his second game with the Riders, homered in the bottom of the first inning, jolting Frisco to a 1-0 lead.
- Juremi Profar added a solo blast to tie the game 2-2 in the fourth.
- The Missions broke a 2-2 tie with a four-run sixth inning to take a 6-2 lead. After Ty France singled in a run, Nick Torres blasted a three-run home run.
- The Riders cut the deficit to two runs in the bottom of the seventh, scoring on Carlos Gomez's RBI groundout and Jose Cardona's run-scoring single to make it 6-4.
- Rangers rehabber Mike Napoli went 0-4 with two strikeouts in the first game of his rehab assignment with the Riders.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Carlos Gomez: 1-3, home run, two RBIs, HBP, run
- Juremi Profar: 1-4, home run, RBI, run
- Michael De Leon: 2-3, run
- Jose Trevino: 2-4, run
NEWS AND NOTES
- With two more home runs allowed Thursday, Yohander Méndez has yielded 16 long balls this season, a mark that leads the league. Mendez surrendered 15 home runs over the first five years of his career entering 2017.
- Michael O'Neill extended his hitting streak to five games with a single in the fourth. O'Neill has hits in 12 of 13 games with the Riders.
- Relievers Brady Feigl, Reed Garrett, and Jaye Chapman combined to work three perfect innings with three strikeouts.
- Rangers lefthander Cole Hamels is scheduled to make a rehab start with the Riders Friday.
RoughRiders vs. San Antonio, Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: LHP Cole Hamels
(MLB rehab) vs. RHP Michael Kelly
(6-1, 2.55 ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch App About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler
, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]