NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (August 10, 2017) - Collin Wiles fired seven superb innings, pitching the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 3-1 victory over the Arkansas Travelers the Thursday night's rubber match at Dickey-Stephens Park.BIG MOMENTS
Collin Wiles spun seven innings of one-run ball
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (August 10, 2017) - Collin Wiles fired seven superb innings, pitching the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 3-1 victory over the Arkansas Travelers the Thursday night's rubber match at Dickey-Stephens Park.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Collin Wiles spun seven innings of one-run ball to snag the win. The right-hander struck out eight, yielding four hits and a walk.
- Royce Bolinger tripled in a run and scored on Isiah Kiner-Falefa's sacrifice fly in the third inning, giving the Riders a 2-0 lead.
- Bolinger also threw out the would-be tying run in the third inning, cutting down Braden Bishop at the plate from right field maintain a 2-1 Riders lead.
- Relievers Connor Sadzeck and Reed Garrett each worked perfect innings to seal the win. In total, Riders pitching didn't allow a hit in the final six innings and retired 18 of the final 19 batters faced.
- Travs starter Chase De Jong twirled eight innings of one-run ball, taking the tough-luck loss. He received only one run of support, which came in the third on Braden Bishop's RBI single to make it 2-1.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Collin Wiles: W, 7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Royce Bolinger: 1-4, triple, RBI, run, outfield assist
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 1-3, sac fly, RBI
- Jose Cardona: 2-4, double, RBI
- Collin Wiles delivered his team-leading 12th quality start, giving the Riders their 11th quality start in the past 14 games.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa took over the team lead in steals, swiping his 15th base in the eighth inning.
- Reed Garrett tossed a scoreless ninth inning, earning his team-best seventh save. Garrett has gone 15 2/3 innings without allowing an earned run.
- With Thursday's win, the Riders have won four of their past five games.
Riders at Northwest Arkansas, Friday, 7:15 p.m.
Probables: LHP Yohander Méndez
(7-7, 3.86 ERA) vs. RHP Zach Lovvorn
(4-5, 4.72 ERA)
, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch AppAbout the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis
, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]