SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (July 5, 2018) - Led by six shutout innings from starter Tyler Davis , the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, defeated the Springfield Cardinals 4-2 Thursday at Hammons Field.BIG MOMENTS* Davis earned his first victory of the season, which required him to escape two bases-loaded
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (July 5, 2018) - Led by six shutout innings from starter Tyler Davis , the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, defeated the Springfield Cardinals 4-2 Thursday at Hammons Field.
* Davis earned his first victory of the season, which required him to escape two bases-loaded jams.
* Anthony Gose entered in the ninth for his first-career save opportunity and, after allowing a run, escaped a bases-loaded jam himself with a double play to end the game.
* The Riders scored three of their four runs in the second inning, including another home run from Preston Beck .
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Davis: 6 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (W)
* Anthony Gose: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K (S)
* Preston Beck: 3-for-4, HR, RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders have won eight of their last nine games to maintain a share of first place in the second-half standings.
* Beck recorded his fourth-consecutive multi-hit game and the 10th in his last 17 games. With his 10th home run, he has taken the team lead in long balls.
* Josh Morgan extended his hitting streak to a season-long nine games with a single in the ninth.
Riders at Springfield, Friday, 7:10 p.m.
Probables: RHP Edgar Arredondo (0-1, 3.38) vs. LHP Austin Warner (0-2, 10.13)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].