FRISCO, Texas (July 11, 2018) - Ariel Jurado twirled another dominant start Wednesday, keeping San Antonio without an earned run in 7 1/3 innings and helping the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 4-3 win over the Missions Wednesday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS* Jurado opened
FRISCO, Texas (July 11, 2018) - Ariel Jurado twirled another dominant start Wednesday, keeping San Antonio without an earned run in 7 1/3 innings and helping the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 4-3 win over the Missions Wednesday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Jurado opened his night with seven scoreless innings before yielding two unearned runs in the eighth, earning his second consecutive win in his third-straight quality start.
* Juremi Profar and Carlos Garay combined for back-to-back RBIs to put the Riders up 2-0 in the second.
* Preston Beck blasted his team-leading 11th home run of the year in the third, expanding Frisco's lead to 3-0.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Ariel Jurado: 7 1/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 2 K (W)
* Preston Beck: 2-for-4, HR, RBI, R
* Juremi Profar: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI, R
* Carlos Garay: 2-for-4, RBI
* Michael De Leon: 2-for-4, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Jurado worked into the eighth inning for the fifth time in 14 starts this season. Prior to this year, he had never accomplished the feat.
* Beck's home run was the 17th in the last 14 games for the Riders, who had logged eight consecutive homerless games prior.
Riders vs. San Antonio, Thursday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Tyler Davis (1-6, 5.84) vs. LHP Logan Allen (8-4, 2.78)
Tickets: Click here
TV: Fox Sports Southwest, MiLB.tv
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].