FRISCO, Texas (July 23, 2018) - Ariel Jurado twirled his fifth consecutive quality start to give the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, a 3-1 win over the Midland RockHounds Monday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS* Jurado pitched seven innings of one-run ball to earn the win. He
FRISCO, Texas (July 23, 2018) - Ariel Jurado twirled his fifth consecutive quality start to give the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, a 3-1 win over the Midland RockHounds Monday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Jurado pitched seven innings of one-run ball to earn the win. He allowed one walk while striking out five.
* Jose Cardona provided the final two RBIs of the night for the Riders, breaking a 1-1 tie with a sac fly in the sixth and adding an insurance run with a single in the eighth.
* The Riders scored in the first inning for the fourth consecutive game. Eliezer Álvarez scored on a groundout with the bases loaded for an early 1-0 advantage.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
Ariel Jurado: 7 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (W)
Reed Garrett: 1 IP, 0 R, 0 BB, K (S)
* Jose Cardona: 1-for-3, 2 RBI
* Michael De Leon: 3-for-3, BB, 2 R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Reed Garrett earned his 13th save of the season, tying him for tops in the Texas League.
* Preston Beck went 3-for-4 and has multiple hits in four consecutive games.
* Cardona pushed his hitting streak to a season-best six games.
Riders vs. Midland, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: LHP Brett Martin (2-6, 7.09) vs. TBA
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].