FRISCO, Texas (September 4, 2017) - Led by a 16-hit attack and Heath Fillmyer on the mound, the Midland RockHounds topped the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, 9-3 in the season finale Monday afternoon at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Midland starter Heath Fillmyer spun 7 1/3
FRISCO, Texas (September 4, 2017) - Led by a 16-hit attack and Heath Fillmyer on the mound, the Midland RockHounds topped the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, 9-3 in the season finale Monday afternoon at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- Midland starter Heath Fillmyer spun 7 1/3 innings of three-run ball, allowing seven hits and no walks with four strikeouts in the victory.
- Jorge Mateo went 3-5 with two home runs and three RBIs, leading the RockHounds to the playoff-clinching victory. Sheldon Neuse and Max Schrock each added three hits.
- Michael O'Neill blasted a two-run home run in the bottom of the eighth, cutting the deficit to 9-3.
- Scott Heineman doubled in Isiah Kiner-Falefa , giving the Riders a 1-0 lead in the first inning.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Michael O'Neill: 1-4, home run, two RBIs, run
- Scott Heineman: 2-4, double, RBI
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 1-4, run
- Connor Sadzeck: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 3 K
NEWS AND NOTES
About the RoughRidersThe Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrián González, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected] or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].###
- With 6,502 fans through the gates Monday, 470,003 fans visited Dr Pepper Ballpark in 2017. Frisco leads the Texas League with an average of 6,812 fans per game.
- Michael O'Neill finished the season with 15 home runs (eight with Frisco, seven with Advanced-A Down East), setting a new single-season high.
- Scott Heineman closed out the season with hits in 15 of his final 16 games, including 10 multi-hit displays.
- With Monday's win, the Midland RockHounds clinched a wild card spot in the Texas League Playoffs.
- The Riders begin the 2018 season next April. The complete schedule will be released soon.