FRISCO, Texas (August 28, 2018) -Joe Palumbo debuted at Dr Pepper Ballpark with 4 1/3 of one-run baseball to give the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, a 7-1 win over the Corpus Christi Hooks Tuesday.BIG MOMENTS* Palumbo worked through 4 1/3 innings, allowing one run on three
FRISCO, Texas (August 28, 2018) -Joe Palumbo debuted at Dr Pepper Ballpark with 4 1/3 of one-run baseball to give the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, a 7-1 win over the Corpus Christi Hooks Tuesday.
* Palumbo worked through 4 1/3 innings, allowing one run on three hits with two strikeouts.
* The RoughRiders broke the game open with a three-run sixth to take a 6-1 lead.
* Locke St. John delivered 2 2/3 innings of scoreless relief, striking out four, to earn the win.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Joe Palumbo: 4 1/3 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
* Josh Morgan: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI, R
* Eliezer Álvarez: 1-for-3, HR, RBI, R
* Locke St. John: 2 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (W)
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders moved within 2.5 games of first-place Corpus Christi with six games remaining.
* Delino DeShields went 0-for-3 with a walk and run scored in his first rehab game with Frisco. Ryan Rua went 0-for-3 with a walk and run scored in his second rehab game with Frisco.
* Frisco batters drew 10 walks, a new 2018 season high.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Wednesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Jonathan Hernández (4-4, 4.92) vs. RHP Brandon Bielak (2-4, 2.08)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].