FRISCO, Texas (May 3, 2019) - Joe Palumbo struck out 10 batters across 4 2/3 innings Friday night but the RoughRiders lost a late lead in a 7-4 defeat against Arkansas in the series finale.SYNOPSIS* Palumbo, who came on in the third after two innings from "opener" Walker Weickel , allowed
FRISCO, Texas (May 3, 2019) - Joe Palumbo struck out 10 batters across 4 2/3 innings Friday night but the RoughRiders lost a late lead in a 7-4 defeat against Arkansas in the series finale.
* Palumbo, who came on in the third after two innings from "opener" Walker Weickel , allowed just one hit and one run to go along with his season-high 10 punchouts, which also were one shy of his career-high.
* Charles Leblanc had three RBIs in the first four innings to help put the Riders ahead 4-1.
* Christian Lopes reached safely four times Friday, collecting three hits (two doubles) and a walk.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Joe Palumbo: 4 2/3 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K
* Charles Leblanc: 2-for-5, 3 RBI, R
* Christian Lopes: 3-for-4, 2 2B, BB, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Leblanc extended his hitting streak to nine games with his 11th multi-hit performance of the season.
* Weickel allowed a run in the second inning, capping his scoreless streak at 17 2/3 innings.
* Friday's loss marked the first time this year that the Riders have lost when leading after eight innings (13-1).
Riders vs. Springfield, Saturday, 7:05 pm
RHP Edgar Arredondo (2-1, 6.75) vs. RHP Harold Arauz (0-1, 6.00)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].