NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (July 19, 2019) - Four Riders pitchers helped carry a combined no-hitter into the ninth inning, ultimately settling for a one-hit shutout in a 3-0 win at Arkansas.SYNOPSIS* The quartet of Brock Burke, James Jones, Jake Lemoine and Emmanuel Clase went 8 1/3 innings before Arkansas' Jordan
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (July 19, 2019) - Four Riders pitchers helped carry a combined no-hitter into the ninth inning, ultimately settling for a one-hit shutout in a 3-0 win at Arkansas.
* The quartet of Brock Burke, James Jones, Jake Lemoine and Emmanuel Clase went 8 1/3 innings before Arkansas' Jordan Cowan singled to break up the bid for history. Cowan was the only runner to reach Friday, also getting hit by a pitch with two outs in the sixth to break up a shot at a perfect game.
* Burke worked five perfect innings to earn his first win as a member of the Rangers organization. He struck out six batters, including five in a row between the fourth and fifth innings.
* The Riders grabbed a 2-0 lead by the end of the fourth, and added an insurance tally in the seventh.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Brock Burke: 5 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K (W)
* James Jones: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
* Jake Lemoine: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
* Emmanuel Clase: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (S)
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders have blanked Arkansas in three of the five meetings at Dickey-Stephens Park this season.
Riders at Arkansas, Saturday, 6:10 pm
RHP Collin Wiles (0-1, 17.18) vs. LHP Justus Sheffield (2-2, 1.62)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].