FRISCO, Texas (May 21, 2017) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, were shut out by the Corpus Christi Hooks 5-0 Sunday afternoon at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Former Rangers farmhand Akeem Bostick held the Riders in check for the second time in as many starts,
FRISCO, Texas (May 21, 2017) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, were shut out by the Corpus Christi Hooks 5-0 Sunday afternoon at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- Former Rangers farmhand Akeem Bostick held the Riders in check for the second time in as many starts, allowing just three hits in six scoreless inning.
- The Riders built their best threat of the day in the fifth, loading the bases against Bostick, but Scott Heineman struck out to end the threat.
- Corpus Christi opened the scoring in the top of the fourth inning when Bobby Boyd's sacrifice fly plated J.D. Davis . Garrett Stubbs' two-run single in the fifth made it 3-0.
- Riders starter David Ledbetter suffered his first loss, allowing three runs on four hits and four walks with five strikeouts in 4 1/3 innings.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Michael De Leon: 2-4, double
- Drew Vettleson: 2-4
NEWS AND NOTES
- With Sunday's decision, the Riders sustained their third shutout of the season.
- Michael De Leon recorded his 11th multiple-hit game, while Drew Vettleson tallied his fifth.
- Vettleson has started the series 5-12 after coming into the series in a 3-45 slump.
- The Riders stranded 10 runners in Sunday's contest, going 0-3 with runners in scoring position.
- With a crowd of 7,132 Sunday, the Riders have drawn 27,236 fans through the first three games of this series.
RoughRiders vs. Corpus Christi, Monday, 11:05 a.m.
Probables: LHP Yohander Méndez
(2-2, 3.47 ERA) vs. RHP Kyle Smith
(1-1, 3.71 ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch AppAbout the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler
, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]