FRISCO, Texas (April 7, 2019) - Sunday's game between the RoughRiders and Midland RockHounds was suspended due to rain in the top of the 11th with Midland up 4-1. The game will be continued at a later time, to be announced.SYNOPSIS (to this point)* Down 1-0 in the eighth, LeDarious Clark
FRISCO, Texas (April 7, 2019) - Sunday's game between the RoughRiders and Midland RockHounds was suspended due to rain in the top of the 11th with Midland up 4-1. The game will be continued at a later time, to be announced.
SYNOPSIS (to this point)
* Down 1-0 in the eighth, LeDarious Clark crushed a game-tying homer to straightaway center field. In the top of the ninth, he made a leaping catch to save the RockHounds from taking the lead.
* Riders relievers escaped a few tight spots late in the game to force extras. Locke St. John worked around a leadoff triple in the sixth and Wei-Chieh Huang stranded the bases loaded in the ninth before Midland broke through with three runs in the 11th.
* Starter Joe Palumbo recorded eight of his 14 outs on strikeouts in his 2019 debut.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS (to this point)
* LeDarious Clark: 1-for-3, HR, BB
* Locke St. John: 1 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
* Joe Palumbo: 4 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Sunday's game marked Frisco's first voyage to extra innings in 2019. The Riders led the Texas League in extra-innings affairs each of the last two seasons.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Monday, 7:05 pm
RHP Edgar Arredondo (first app.) vs. RHP J.B. Bukauskas (first app.)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].