Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via
Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app and Google Play. Send your questions and feedback to [email protected]. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast
Recommended readingThree Strikes (3:15)
Jesus Luzardo interview (27:28)
- After weeks of speculation, the Braves finally called up MLB.com No. 2 overall prospect Ronald Acuña Jr. to make his Major League debut. Tyler and Sam discuss the Braves' thinking and what fans can expect from the toolsy outfielder.
- For Strike Two, the guys turn to prospects who could follow similar paths, like this week's guest Jesus Luzardo -- two young players who rose quickly from level to level after displaying dominance.
- Tyler takes over Strike Three to go deeper into his piece about Frisco broadcaster Melanie Newman and her path to becoming both a sideline reporter for TV and an assistant broadcaster on radio.
Ben's Biz Banter (40:57)
- The A's No. 2 prospect calls into the podcast to talk about his recent promotion from Class A Advanced Stockton to Double-A Midland and his connections with the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School community after the February shooting at his alma mater.
Wrapping up (54:32)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill talks about his review of the book "Perfect Pitch: The National Anthem for the National Pastime" by Joe Price, the whiskey theme that seems to be spreading around the Minors and his road-trip charity iniative with Vs. Cancer.