Tyler Davis' career performance leads Riders to 6-1 win
Davis starts perfect for 4 2/3 innings in victory over Hooks
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (July 18, 2017)- Tyler Davis twirled eight superb innings, pitching the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 6-1 triumph over the Corpus Christi Hooks Tuesday night at Whataburger Field.BIG MOMENTS Tyler Davis earned his first Double-A victory, striking out nine batters over
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (July 18, 2017)-
- Tyler Davis earned his first Double-A victory, striking out nine batters over a career-high eight innings. The right-hander tossed 4 2/3 perfect frames before allowing a solo home run to
Dexture McCallin the fifth. Eric Aguilerabroke a scoreless tie in the top of the fifth, cranking a three-run home run to left-center field against Hooks starter Akeem Bostick. Aguilera drove in his fourth run of the night with an RBI single in the eighth, making it 6-1. Jose Trevino's sixth-inning single and Michael De Leon's solo homer in the seventh provided insurance runs for the Riders.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Tyler Davis: W, 8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Eric Aguilera: 2-4, home run, four RBIs, run
Andy Ibáñez: 2-4, double, run
- Jose Trevino: 1-4, RBI
- Michael De Leon: 1-4, home run, RBI, run
NEWS AND NOTES
- With a career-high eight innings Tuesday, Tyler Davis became the second Riders player this season to last eight frames. The other performance, belonging to
Connor Sadzeck, came May 19 against Corpus Christi.
- Eric Aguilera drove in a season-high-tying four runs Tuesday. He also moved into a tie with
Luke Tendlerfor the team lead in homers (10).
- Jose Trevino extended his hitting streak to eight games with an RBI single in the sixth and has plated 20 runs in his past 21 games.
- Michael De Leon homered for the second time this season, blasting his first long ball since April 17 at Tulsa (261 at-bats).
- Tuesday's victory snapped Frisco's six-game losing streak.
Riders at Corpus Christi, Wednesday, 7:05 p.m.
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars