FRISCO, Texas (June 19, 2017)- Collin Wiles held the Midland RockHounds to one run in six innings, pitching the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 3-1 triumph Monday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Riders starter Collin Wiles earned his sixth victory of the season,
FRISCO, Texas (June 19, 2017)- Collin Wiles held the Midland RockHounds to one run in six innings, pitching the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 3-1 triumph Monday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Riders starter Collin Wiles earned his sixth victory of the season, and his first since June 3, holding Midland to one run on six hits. The righty struck out two over six innings.
- Jose Trevino broke a 1-1 tie in the bottom of the fifth, driving in Scott Heineman with a sacrifice fly against Midland starter A.J. Puk . Trevino added a key insurance run in the seventh with an RBI double to make it 3-1.
- Trailing 1-0 into the fourth, Midland tied the game, scoring on Max Schrock's RBI single.
- Midland's A.J. Puk suffered the loss in his Double-A debut. Oakland's top-rated pitching prospect struck out seven over seven frames, yielding three runs on four hits and two walks.
- Collin Wiles: W, 6 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Jose Trevino: 2-2, double, sac fly, two RBIs
- Scott Heineman: 1-1, walk, two HBPs, three runs
NEWS AND NOTES
- Collin Wiles turned in his seventh quality start of the season and just the second for Frisco starters in the past 15 games.
- Scott Heineman has reached safely in 10 of his last 13 plate appearances.
- The Riders finished the first half 31-39 and will begin the second half Tuesday vs. Midland.
- The Rangers announced today that Cole Hamels is scheduled to start Wednesday's matinee in Frisco against Midland.
RoughRiders vs. Midland, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: LHP Yohander Méndez
(4-4, 3.78 ERA) vs. RHP Grant Holmes
(5-6, 5.45 ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch AppAbout the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler
, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]