FRISCO, Texas (July 3, 2017)- Collin Wiles tossed seven masterful innings as the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, defeated the Springfield Cardinals 4-1 Monday night in the second game of a three-game series at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Collin Wiles struck out a career-high-tying eight batters
FRISCO, Texas (July 3, 2017)- Collin Wiles tossed seven masterful innings as the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, defeated the Springfield Cardinals 4-1 Monday night in the second game of a three-game series at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- Collin Wiles struck out a career-high-tying eight batters across seven scoreless innings for the victory. The right hander allowed two hits and three walks to compile his eighth quality start.
- Jose Trevino plated the Riders' first two runs with a two-run single in the bottom of the third inning against Springfield starter Chris Ellis . The Riders added two more in the sixth on a Cardinals fielding error and Jose Cardona's sacrifice fly.
- Springfield tallied its only run in the eighth inning, scoring on Magneuris Sierra's RBI single against Riders reliever Connor Sadzeck .
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Collin Wiles: W, 7 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
- Juremi Profar: 3-3, run, HBP
- Jose Trevino: 1-4, two RBIs
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa : 2-2, walk, run, HBP
NEWS AND NOTES
- Collin Wiles delivered the Riders' third quality start in a row after a stretch of seven consecutive games without a quality start.
- With two more runs driven in Monday, Jose Trevino has plated seven runs through the first two games of the three-game series.
- Juremi Profar recorded his team-leading sixth three-hit performance and his 21st multi-hit game. Isiah Kiner-Falefa extended his hitting streak to five games while collecting his team-best
- Scott Heineman extended his on-base streak to 19 games with two walks.
Riders vs. Springfield, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Pedro Payano
(1-1, 2.70 ERA) vs. LHP Austin Gomber
(2-6, 4.10 ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch AppAbout the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler
, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]