Homer and Player appearances
Homer was born in a local firehouse in August 2007. Homer was destined to be a star. After watching his favorite movie Firehouse Dog, he knew he was bron to entertain. The Peoria Chiefs became fans of his antics at the firehouse after recieving an "Anonymous" audtion tape in the mail. The Chiefs reached our to the firehouse and adopted Homers as their new mascot in 2010 and the rest is history!
You can see Homer at every Chiefs game all summer long. Entertaining fans, taking pictures, action on field/ and spending time with the players.
Height: 7 Foot 3 Inches
Weight: Not important
Born: August 2007
Bats: Otherswise known as Chew Toys
Throws: The ball
HR: That's my name
Appearance Form & Policy
All mascot, Chiefs front office staff and player appearance requests must be submitted to the Community Relations Department using the Request Form. For more information or if you have any questions on specific events, please contact Nathan Baliva.
PLEASE NOTE PEORIA CHIEFS PLAYERS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON HOME GAMES 10:00AM-1:00PM. CHECK CHIEFS SCHEDULE HERE.
- All request should be received at least two weeks prior to the event.
- In the event that an appearance must be cancelled, the community relations department must be given three days prior notice.
- Mascots are available for appearances throughout the year however the summer months many be hard to fulfill an appearance due to season.
- Appearance fees vary based on the type of appearance and limited to a 40 mile radius from Dozer Park.
- Non-profit organizations and events will be considered donation on case by case basis for no charge.
- External appearances are $50 per hour for companies that are not partners with the Peoria Chiefs.
- Pricing for appearances outside Dozer Park radium will be determined on a case by case basis.
Additional Appearance Requirements
- Accurate directions, location, on-site contact and on-site phone number must be provided.
- A private and secure changing room must be provided for the mascot to change.
- The mascot cannot be required to be inside the suit for longer than a maximum of one hour at a time before taking a break. if the appearance is outdoors please allow extra breaks during the allotted time. The mascot is unable to perform in severe weather.
- A friendly and safe environment must be maintained. Mascots reserve the right to walk away from any appearance deemed unsafe or harmful and refunds (if applicable) will not be granted.
All publicity for the event, wheather in advance or afterwards, which mentions an appearance by a mascot or uses organizational marks (logos), must be approved by the Peoria Chiefs before use. For approval please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.