Sweetser Law Office, Communities in Schools, and local Title 1 elementary schools are teaming up as part of the Spokane Indians Reading Challenge. The program's purpose to encourage and empower local students to learn through reading. The six-week program runs from March 8th to April 19th, with kick-off assemblies at McDonald Elementary on Friday, March 3rd and at Broadway Elementary on Tuesday, March 7th.
The program is designed for students to track their reading minutes and earn prizes. Prizes are associated with the number of minutes read and these prize levels correlate with the bases of a baseball field.
Reading Program Prizes
- 1st Base (180 Minutes): Bookmark
- 2nd Base (360 Minutes): Pencil & OTTO Baseball Card
- 3rd Base (540 Minutes): Book
- Home Run (720 Minutes): Two Tickets to an Indians Game!
- One class from each school with the most reading minutes will receive a pizza party with OTTO!
It's all thanks to Sweetser Law Office and our supporting sponsors!