Last updated May 25, 2021
The safety and well-being of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance to the Visalia Rawhide. All guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Tulare County Health and Human Service Agency, and the Office of the Governor of California will
Last updated May 25, 2021
The safety and well-being of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance to the Visalia Rawhide. All guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Tulare County Health and Human Service Agency, and the Office of the Governor of California will be strictly followed and enforced during all events at Recreation Ballpark.
The Public’s cooperation is requested in executing this plan. The Rawhide ask that you please do not attend an event at Recreation Ballpark if you have knowingly been exposed to covid-19 in the 14 days prior to an event.
As needed, updates will be made to this web page and communicated via Visalia Rawhide social media platforms and websites.
The procedures identified below represent practical best efforts to keep our #CommunityofChampions safe.
Facial Coverings (Masks):
- Fans 2 years and older will be required to wear a facial covering (that covers the mouth and nose) at all times while at Recreation Ballpark (except when actively eating or drinking) to protect themselves and others, Per Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency, the CDC, and Cal OSHA.
-Non-medical masks, bandanas, scarves, cloths, and face shields may be used and shall suffice as a facial covering.
- Ushers and/or security staff will enforce mask-wearing requirements. Non-compliance may result in removal from the venue.
- All ballpark staff will be required to wear a face covering in any common area, including both employee-only spaces and public facing spaces.
- Fans who forget their mask upon entry will be provided a complimentary 3-ply surgical mask.
Social Distancing/ Fan Experience:
- Fan safety continues to be our top priority at Valley Strong Ballpark. To ensure the safety of our guests and to provide an expedited ballpark entry process and enjoyable fan experience, the Visalia Rawhide will be implementing a clear bag policy effective IMMEDIATELY at all future Rawhide games and events (exceptions: Diaper bags and medical equipment bags). The Visalia Rawhide reserve the right to inspect any items brought into Recreation Ballpark.
- Guests will be required to sit in their assigned seat and their assigned seat only.
-Different parties will have a mandatory 6 feet of “buffer” space between them while seated. The Rawhide will block off all seats between parties to allow for social distancing.
- Signage encouraging social distancing and other health practice will be posted throughout Recreation Ballpark. Our staff will also remind guests to followed posted policies and procedures via public address announcements and video board messaging.
- Our seating map will be structured in a checkerboard manner to keep all fans safe and allow for social distancing practices.
- All toilets, urinals, sinks, and dispensers located in our restrooms have always been touchless and will continue to operate in that fashion. Some sinks will be closed to allow for proper distancing in those spaces.
- Elevator capacity will be restricted to no more than two people or an entire party from the same family or group.
- The ballpark will operate at no more than 20% capacity until deemed safe and appropriate by state and local health officials.
- If guests are not feeling well, they are asked to not attend an event at Recreation Ballpark.
- No fans will be permitted into the ballpark outside a regional mileage of 120 miles from Recreation Ballpark per the CA Professional Sports Guidelines.
-Photos, autographs, and other exchanges between fans and players will not be permitted for the 2021 season.
- The Kids Corral will remain closed for the entirety of the 2021 season.
- No spitting of any kind (tobacco, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- A six (6) foot “buffer zone” will be enforced above the first and third base dugouts as well as the opposing bullpen for the entirety of the 2021 season. Entering these buffer zones could lead to removal from the stadium.
-The smoking area behind the first base grandstands will be CLOSED for the entirety of the 2021 season.
- Our Ticket Office will be closed to the public throughout the 2021 season. Fans are encouraged to purchase admission online.
- Tickets will not be printed at the ballpark for any events.
- Tickets printed from home or digital tickets from attendees’ mobile phones will be scanned at entry.
- Water fountains throughout the ballpark will not available.
- The Visalia Rawhide have increased the frequency and scope of cleaning and sanitizing between events as well as between guests at events. This includes the cleaning of all traffic area touchpoints including but not limited to concessions counters, drink rails, door handles, and restroom sinks and counters.
- All touchpoints and restrooms will be cleaned, wiped down and sanitized every 30 minutes.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added in high-traffic areas on all levels of the ballpark, including both public areas and employee offices.
Food & Beverage & Merchandise:
- All concessions will be done “in seat only” via a QR code and delivery from a Rawhide gameday staff member. No concourse concessions sales will be permitted throughout the 2021 season.
- The Rawhide will only serve out of single use cups and containers for the 2021 season. Souvenir cups, refills, and mason jars will not be permitted for the 2021 season.
- No outside food and beverage will be permitted. (except for Sundays – picnic days).
- Rawhide staff will not be permitted to refill outside multi use containers at any time throughout the 2021 season.
- Condiments will be served and distributed in pre-packaged servings. No communal stations will be permitted.
- Masks and gloves will be required by all staff beside servers.
- The General Store will be open for delivery only. Fans will need to purchase all merchandise via the Rawhide QR code app. Merchandise will be delivered to fans who order while in the ballpark.
- The General Store will be closed to the public to limit touchpoints and interactions.
-Fans are encouraged to order merchandise online at: www.rawhidebaseball.com or in venue on the Rawhide QR Code app.
- All Rawhide staff – full time and part-time employees, contract workers, vendors, etc. – will have their temperature taken and go through a health screening upon arrival to the ballpark.
- Rawhide staff will be required to wear a face covering in any common area, including both employee-only spaces and public-facing locations.
- Any staff member that is not feeling well will not be allowed entry into the ballpark.
- Staff members will be directed to maintain social distancing at all times when it is practical in connection with the conduct of their duties.