Springdale, AR-Nick Dini hit a 2-run homerun in the bottom of the 10th inning and the Northwest Arkansas Naturals (16-21) stunned the Arkansas Travelers (19-18) to even the series at a game apiece. With the loss, the Travs now fall into a tie for second place in the division, one game back of Tulsa. Arkansas never led in the game, erasing a pair of one run deficits with single tallies in the fifth and seventh innings but in both frames had the go-ahead run thrown out at home plate. The Travs then failed to convert their free runner in the top of the 10th inning, stranding him at third before Northwest Arkansas ran themselves into two outs at third base in the bottom of the inning leaving the bases empty with two down. Dini's heroics then came after a runner reached on a two out error. Both starting pitchers, Andrew Moore of the Travs and Foster Griffin of the Naturals, worked seven innings and allowed just two runs.
Moments That Mattered
* Logan Taylor connected for his first Double-A hit and RBI to tie the game in the fifth inning.
* Adam Law's third hit of the night drove in a run to tie the game in the seventh but the go-ahead run was thrown out at home trying to score from second on the hit.
* The Travs stranded potential go-ahead runs in scoring position in the eighth and ninth innings.
* After the Naturals' had two men thrown out at third to open the bottom of the 10th, Anderson Miller reached on an error by shortstop Chris Mariscal who didn't come up with his hard groundball. Dini then followed with the walk-off homer on a 1-0 pitch against Matt Festa.
Notable Travs Performances
* C Joseph Odom: 2-4, 2 runs
* DH Joe DeCarlo: 2-4, 2B
* 3B Logan Taylor: 2-4, RBI
* 2B Adam Law: 3-4, 2B, RBI
* RHP Andrew Moore: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 BB, K
* RHP David McKay: 2 IP, H, 2 K
Arkansas tries to bounce back in a Wednesday matinee with RH Chase De Jong (3-2, 4.38) on the mound against righty Zach Lovvorn (1-2, 4.85). First pitch is at 11:05 a.m. and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.