North Little Rock, AR-Three big innings and a solid start from Andrew Moore carried the Arkansas Travelers to a series clinching 9-3 win over the Springfield Cardinals on Sunday afternoon at Dickey-Stephens Park. Moore worked five innings while allowing just a run on five hits on the way to earning his first victory of the season. The offense put up a pair of runs in the third, four in the fifth and three more in the sixth. They garnered 12 hits and drew seven walks on the afternoon. Dario Pizzano had three hits and three RBIs, Beau Amaral had three hits and Chris Mariscal hit a three-run homerun.
Moments That Mattered
- Chuck Taylor and Pizzano collected RBI singles to get the Travs on the board in the third. Pizzano's came with two out in the inning.
- Andrew Moore stranded a pair of Cards in the third inning and allowed just one run in the fourth after giving up a leadoff double.
- Arkansas scored four times in the fifth inning. Pizzano rapped another RBI single and then Mariscal blasted a 3-run opposite field homer to chase Springfield starter Jake Woodford from the game.
Notable Travs Performances
- RF Beau Amaral: 3-5, 2 runs
- DH Dario Pizzano: 3-5, 2 runs, 3 RBI
- 2B Chris Mariscal: 1-3, run, 2 BB, HR, 3 RBI
- Andrew Moore: Win, 5 IP, 5 H, R, BB, 2 K
The Travs welcome in the Tulsa Drillers for the start of a four game series on Monday night. Chase De Jong (1-1, 4.24) takes the ball opposite Dennis Santana (0-1, 1.93). First pitch is set for 7:10 and there are free train rides all night long on the Travelers Express. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.