North Little Rock, AR-Chase De Jong took a shutout into the eighth and the Arkansas Travelers took down the Frisco RoughRiders, 6-2 on Sunday afternoon at Dickey-Stephens Park. The win gave the Travs a series victory and a .500 homestand with three wins and three losses. De Jong ended up working eight innings, surrendering only a two-run homer to Correlle Prime in the eighth inning. He was just one while striking out a season-high eight and at one point retired 14 consecutive RoughRider batters. Offensively, the Travs grabbed an early lead with a pair of runs in the fourth inning then added on late with a three-run seventh and a solo homer by Joe DeCarlo in the eighth inning. DeCarlo homered, and doubled, for the second consecutive game.
Moments That Mattered
*A walk and two hits opened the fourth inning with Dario Pizzano getting the Travs on the board with an RBI single up the middle of lefty Wes Benjamin. Chris Mariscal followed with a sacrifice fly to add to the lead.
* DeCarlo led off the seventh with a double. Two batters later, Braden Bishop hit a sinking line drive to centerfield that eluded the sliding centerfielder for an RBI double.
* Two more runs scored later in the inning with Chuck Taylor and Chris Mariscal collecting the runs batted in.
Notable Travs Performances
* LF Dario Pizzano: 3-4, RBI
* 2B Chris Mariscal: 2-3, 2 RBI
* 3B Joe DeCarlo: 2-4, 2 runs, 2B, HR, RBI
* Chase De Jong: Win, 8 IP, 5 H, 2 R, BB, 8 K, HR
The Travs have Monday off before starting a six game roadtrip with the first of three in Midland against the RockHounds on Tuesday night. First pitch is set for 6:30 and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.