Tulsa, OK-An eighth inning rally by the Tulsa Drillers sent the Arkansas Travelers to a 4-3 loss on Wednesday night. With the victory, Tulsa claims the series, three games to one. The Travs did not trail until Tulsa scored twice in the bottom of the eighth inning. Arkansas did threaten in the ninth but stranded the tying and go-ahead runs on base. Chase De Jong fired seven innings for the second consecutive start but settled for no decision. He allowed just two runs on five hits while striking out four. Arkansas missed some early scoring opportunities and finished the night just 1-11 with runners in scoring position while stranding 10.
Moments That Mattered
* The Travs nearly snatched the lead in the third inning but Eric Filia was thrown out at the plate to end the inning while trying to score from first on Joey Curletta's double.
* After each team scored in the fourth inning, Curletta blasted a two-run homer to right-center in the fifth putting the Travs on top.
* Tulsa's winning rally in the eighth was sparked by walks to two of the first three hitters in the inning. Jacob Scavuzzo's groundball single tied the score and then D.J. Peters lined out to left for a sacrifice fly to plate the eventual winning run.
Notable Travs Performances
* 1B Joey Curletta: 3-5, run, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
* 3B Logan Taylor: 2-4, RBI
* Chase De Jong: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 4 K, HR
The Travs return home on Thursday night to begin a four game series with the Springfield Cardinals. Right-hander Williams Perez (1-0, 2.86) will be on the mound against righty Sam Tewes (0-2, 4.82). First pitch is set for 7:10 and Christmas in July will be celebrated at Dickey-Stephens Park. The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.