North Little Rock, AR-Trailing the entire night, by as many as four twice, the Arkansas Travelers rallied to within one run on two occasions including the bottom of the ninth inning but fell to the San Antonio Missions, 7-6 on Tuesday night in front of a sold out crowd of 8,626 at Dickey-Stephens Park. The Travs trailed by one run when they came to bat in the fifth through eighth innings but could never get the game tied. They got back within one in the ninth on a two-run homer by Joseph Odom. San Antonio hit three homers on the night including two from Josh Naylor, a solo blast in the first and a two-run shot in the ninth. Naylor has hit seven of his 12 home runs this season against the Travs including three multi-homer games. Travelers pitching struck out 14 Missions for the second consecutive night, matching a season-high.
Moments That Mattered
* San Antonio capped a four-run first inning with a two-run homer by Nick Schulz.
* Beau Amaral got the Travs on the board in the bottom half with a two-out RBI single but they would leave the bases loaded.
* Down four in the fourth, three straight two out hits drove in runs. A single from Braden Bishop, double by Chuck Taylor and single from Eric Filia cut it to a one-run game.
* The two-run homer by Odom in the bottom of the ninth answered Naylor's two-run shot in the top half of the inning. However, the Travs were never able to put the tying run on base.
Notable Travs Performances
* LF Chuck Taylor: 2-3, 2 BB, 2 runs, 2B, RBI
* DH Eric Filia: 2-5, run, RBI
* C Joseph Odom: 2-4, run, BB, 2 RBI
* Stephen Perakslis: 3 IP, 3 H, 4 K
The Travs open a six game roadtrip with an Independence Day contest in Corpus Christi on Wednesday night. First pitch is at 7:05 with RH Nathan Bannister (4-5, 5.91) making the start against RH Jorge Alcala (1-1, 2.53). The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.