Tulsa, OK-Four pitchers combined on a five hit shutout as the Arkansas Travelers put themselves on the brink of a first half North Division championship with a 6-0 win on Saturday night. The win gives the Travs a 7.5 game lead in the division with eight to play and drops their magic number for a first half title to just one. Ricardo Sanchez earned the win pitching the first five innings and striking out a season high nine while allowing just three hits. Sam Delaplane made his Double-A debut and bounced back from a leadoff walk to strike out five of the next six batters he faced. Art Warren returned from the injured list to fire a scoreless inning with two strikeouts and Robinson Leyer tossed a scorleless ninth around two hits and a hit batter. All told, Travs pitching struck out 16 Drillers.
Moments That Mattered
* Logan Taylor's sac fly in the fourth inning got the Travs on the board.
* Arkansas batted around in the fifth, scoring four times and knocking Tulsa starter J.D. Martin out in the process. Donnie Walton hit a sac fly, Evan White lined a two-run homer and Kyle Lewis scored on a wild pitch with two out.
Notable Travs Performances
* DH Evan White: 2-5, 2 runs, HR, 2 RBI
* 3B Logan Taylor: 1-2, run, BB, SF, HR, 2 RBI
* LHP Ricardo Sanchez: Win, 5 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 9 K
* RHP Sam Delaplane: 2 IP, BB, 5 K
News and Notes
* Logan Taylor extended his hitting streak to 14 with a line drive homer into the RF corner in the 8th inning.
* Evan White's two hits give him an 11 game hit streak.
* The shutout is the Travs' league leading sixth of the season, but first on the road.
* The 16 strikeouts match a season-high, the third time they have done it.
Arkansas goes for a sweep of the series and a first half North Division title on Sunday afternoon at 1:05. Right-hander Andrew Moore (0-0, 3.09) makes the start against righty Edwin Uceta (0-0, 5.40). The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.