North Little Rock, AR-A rain delay of just over an hour in between the fourth and fifth innings cooled off the weather but not the Arkansas Travelers as they racked up another victory with a 3-1 win over the San Antonio Missions. The win was Arkansas' third in four games since the All-Star break and sixth in seven games overall. Neither starting pitcher returned after the delay of one hour and four minutes as the Travs held on to the lead they established prior to the rain and kept the Missions off the board until there were two out in the ninth.
Moments That Mattered
* Joey Curletta two-run homer to right field in the bottom of the fourth put the Travs on top. It was the second straight game that Curletta has gone deep.
* Joe DeCarlo doubled leading off the bottom of the seventh and moved to third on a wild pitch. He later scored on a sacrifice fly from Braden Bishop.
* San Antonio loaded the bases in the ninth and with two out Peter Van Gansen's infield hit scored a run but Matt Festa was able to wiggle out of it by striking out Michael Gettys on a 3-2 pitch.
Notable Travs Performances
* 1B Joey Curletta: 1-3, BB, run, HR, 2 RBI
* Chase De Jong: 4 IP, 2 H, 2 K
* David McKay: Win, 2.1 IP, H, 2 K
* Matt Tenuta: 1.1 IP, H, K
The series continues on Monday night as the Travs send RH Max Povse (3-2, 3.22 ) to the mound against RH Cal Quantrill (6-3, 4.31). First pitch is at 7:10 and there are free rides on the Travs trackless train all night long. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.