Frisco, TX-The Arkansas Travelers jumped out with a four-run first inning and then rode stellar pitching to a 6-1 victory on Wednesday night in Frisco. Arkansas had the lead just seven pitches into the game and was never threatened. Williams Perez paced the club with six innings of one-run ball, retiring 10 in a row at one juncture on the way to his fifth victory. Chuck Taylor was perfect at the plate with three hits, a walk and a hit by pitch while scoring three times. Eric Filia had three hits and drove home four while falling a home run shy of the cycle.
Moments That Mattered
* Taylor and Yonathan Mendoza singled to open the game and Filia followed with a two-run triple to right-center to open the scoring just three hitters into the game.
* The next two batters reached on errors and the Travs were able to add a pair more in the opening inning.
* Frisco's Juremi Profar homered leading off the second and the Riders would load the bases with two out that inning but Jose Cardona popped out to end the threat. They loaded the bases again with two out in the sixth but Perez induced a groundout from Michael O'Neill, his final batter of the night.
Notable Travs Performances
* LF Chuck Taylor: 3-3, 3 runs, BB, HBP
* RF Eric Filia: 3-4, run, SF, 2B, 3B, 4 RBI
* Williams Perez: Win, 6 IP, 6 H, R, 2 BB, 2 K, HR
The Travs go for a sweep of the three game series on Thursday night with a 7:05 first pitch. Left-hander Anthony Misiewicz (2-10, 5.88) gets the ball against right Jonathan Hernandez (4-4, 5.71). The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.