North Little Rock, AR-A nine-hit attack with ten walks fueled the Arkansas Travelers offense to an 8-3 win over the Corpus Christi Hooks on Monday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. The Travs scored four times in the second inning thanks to three doubles and never trailed in the game. Joe DeCarlo reached base in all four of his plate appearances and collected three runs batted in. Nathan Bannister provided a solid start in his Double-A debut while Matt Tenuta and Darin Gillies each pitched two innings in relief.
Moments That Mattered
- Chris Mariscal singled, Joey Curletta doubled and Adam Law walked to set the table for Joe DeCarlo who roped a two-run double getting the Travs on the board.
- Later in the second inning, Braden Bishop slapped a rulebook double down the right field line scoring two more.
- With the lead down to two and two men on in the fifth, Nathan Bannister struck out Stephen Wrenn to end the inning, his only K of the night.
- In the eighth inning, Arkansas used five walks, one base hit and two errors to add three runs to their lead.
Notable Travs Performances
- CF Braden Bishop: 2-4, BB, 2B, 2 RBI
- 2B Chris Mariscal: 3-5, 2 runs, RBI
- 1B Joey Curletta: 2-3, 2 BB, run, 2B
- C Joe DeCarlo: 2-3, 2 BB, 2 runs, 2B, 3 RBI
- P Nathan Bannister: Win, 5 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 3 BB, K, HR
Arkansas looks for a sweep of the three game series in a Kid's Day day game beginning at 11:00 am. RH Andrew Moore (0-0, 1.59) starts for the Travs opposite RH Josh James (0-0, 6.00) for the Hooks. The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.