Tulsa, OK-A five-run lead did not stand up as the Tulsa Drillers rallied for a 10-6 victory over the Arkansas Travelers on Sunday night. Tulsa takes the series three games to one. Arkansas hit into a season-high five double plays on the night before the Drillers posted six runs in the bottom of the seventh to take control of the game. It was a bullpen effort for the Travs pitching staff with six different hurlers taking the mound and none working more than spot starter Spencer Herrmann's 2.2 innings.
Moments That Mattered
* Chris Mariscal blasted a 3-run opposite field homer off Yadier Alvarez to push the lead to five in the fifth inning.
* D.J. Peters answered Mariscal's homer with a three-run blast of his own in the bottom of the inning to bring the Drillers back within two.
* Tulsa scored six times in the seventh inning on five singles, an intentional walk, two hit batsmen and a wild pitch. Errol Robinson's hit drove home the go-ahead run.
Notable Travs Performances
* CF Beau Amaral: 2-4, 2 runs
* 2B Chris Mariscal: 3-4, run, HR, 3 RBI
After an off-day Monday, the Travs host open a six-game homestand on Tuesday night at 7:10 against the Frisco RoughRiders. Right-hander Nathan Bannister (6-8, 6.28) gets the start for the Travs against lefty Wes Benjamin (3-4, 3.91). It will be Baseball Bingo and a Zoosday Tuesday at Dickey-Stephens Park and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.