Richmond, Va. - The Richmond Flying Squirrels, Double-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, have announced the celebrity guest list for their 4th Annual Hot Stove Banquet on Thursday, January 16th, at the Stuart C. Siegel Center at VCU. The headline guest for the 4th annual event is former MLB pitcher and noted inspirational speaker and author Dave Dravecky. The banquet will include an autograph session with each of the celebrities attending at 6 PM.
Joining Dravecky will be three prominent former Squirrels. 2011 Flying Squirrels' Most Valuable Player Roger Kieschnick will return to Richmond for the first time since he last played for the Squirrels in 2011. He will become the first former Squirrel that has gone on to the Major Leagues to return for the Hot Stove banquet. 2013 outfielder and UVA product Jarrett Parker will also be on hand for this year's event. Parker, who broke the Squirrels single-season home run record in 2013, potentially could rejoin the Squirrels in 2014.
Additionally, members of the 2014 Field Staff will be in attendance. The Squirrels 2014 Field Staff has yet to be announced by the Giants, but the Squirrels have received commitments from the expected Manager and Hitting Coach.
"We're thrilled with the lineup for this year's banquet," said Flying Squirrels' Vice President/COO Todd "Parney" Parnell. "The event has become such a wonderful gathering of the entire baseball community, and we are very proud that our many relationships allow us to bring together folks from so many different eras and areas."
Local products Cla Meredith and Chris Ray will both take part in the festivities. Each is formerly a Major League pitcher, and Ray currently co-owns Center of the Universe Brewery, which recently partnered with the Squirrels to create Chin Music, the Flying Squirrels official craft beer.
The Squirrels will also point toward Richmond's legendary baseball past during the event. Former Paul Keyes Richmond Baseball Impact (RBI) Award winners Johnny Grubb and Gene Alley will return. They will help present this year's award to Tracy Woodson, who is the new baseball coach at the University of Richmond and a World Series champion with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Longtime Richmond Braves' Trainer Sam Ayoub will also be a special guest of the Squirrels.
The Eastern League will also be represented by league President Joe McEachern. Parking for the event will be available at the West Broad Street Parking Deck on the corner of Harrison St. and Broad St.
4th Annual Hot Stove Event Times:
VIP Reception for Table Sponsors
- Tommy J. West Club - 5-6 PM
Autograph Session, Silent Auction, Live Music
- Verizon Wireless Arena - 6-7 PM
Dinner, Program, Live Auction
- Verizon Wireless Arena - 7-9:30 PM
4th Annual Hot Stove Celebrity Guest List:
- Dave Dravecky (Former MLB pitcher, noted inspirational speaker and author)
- Roger Kieschnick (2011 Squirrels' MVP, current Giants' outfielder)
- Jarrett Parker (2013 Squirrels' outfielder, UVA product)
- Cla Meredith (Former MLB Pitcher, VCU product)
- Chris Ray (Former MLB Pitcher, currently Co-Owner of Center of the Universe Brewery)
- Johnny Grubb (Former MLB outfielder, currently the baseball coach at Meadowbrook High School)
- Gene Alley (Former MLB SS, Two-time MLB All-Star)
- Tracy Woodson (Former MLB third baseman, current baseball coach at University of Richmond)
- Sam Ayoub (Former Richmond Braves Trainer)
- Joe McEachern (Eastern League President)
Proceeds from this year's event will benefit the Flying Squirrels Charities and their Community Partners. Table Sponsorships and tickets for the 4th Annual Hot Stove are available by calling the Flying Squirrels at (804) 359-3866. For more information click here.